Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Goals for 2019? >

Quilting Goals for 2019?

Quilting Goals for 2019?

Old 12-26-2018, 04:52 PM

2019 goals..... Just bought a midarm quilting machine and frame on Craigslist, hasn't even been delivered yet, so it's practice, practice, practice... And I want to make a jelly roll rug, looks interesting and fun.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:10 PM

Finish a few UFOs, quilt more charity quilts for the guild, make a quilt for DD (at least that one I have the fabric for and the pattern lined up). Cut more of my scraps into appropriate sizes for the next scrap quilt.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:23 PM

1. Finish 1 UFO each month
2. Enter a few quilt shows
3. Play with the felting attachment that goes on my PQ1500s
4. Declutter and organize one room of my house each month
5. Learn some new techniques.

Rob
Old 12-26-2018, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

My goals are to continue my fabric moratorium- shopping my stash. There will be many scrap quilts this new year.
To try to finish my UFOs and not create any new ones.
Work on organizing and fixing up my studio
Old 12-26-2018, 06:38 PM

1. I want to get better with my midarm. I can do the stippling fairly well, but I want to branch out a little.

2. I also want to complete some of those pesky UFOs. Since I have some tops pieced, this goal can work well with the first goal because I have some things to practice on.

3. I want to be more active in my quilting guild. I joined but life keeps getting in the way and I miss meetings and sew-ins. This year, I plan to make the guild a priority to help keep those first two goals on track.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:59 PM

Me? I'll just keep on going with sewing up 6" blocks and making quilt tops with them! Feels good to send them off to my cousin in Canada.Lots of fun and variety out on the web. Use the search for free blocks and you can make them up in a variety of colors. Also to hand sew more mini-wholecloths in the evening using such as a slate blue or rust colored thread (ordinary machine thread).
Enjoy whatever you do, fellow quilters!
Old 12-27-2018, 02:07 AM

I just want to get back into sewing and quilting! For the last 3 years, there's been something going on all the time that has kept me from being in my sewing room (mostly health related, either mine or my DH's). I'm finally getting back in there this week, and I've had such a great time, but now, my seam ripper and I are getting re-acquainted... You know, I didn't even miss that little rascal!
And Yes, TallChick, I need to unsubscribe from some of my online fabric shops also, but I like to see the new patterns that come out, even if I don't buy any. I also need to use up my fabric hoard.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:14 AM

Not to feel so guilty when I spend the day sewing!
Old 12-27-2018, 03:58 AM

Yesterday I made my list of family who will be getting quilts this year and went through boxes and baskets searching for UFO's. Filled a mid-sized bin with UFO's (Oh, there are more, but more makes it seem impossible to conquer the task.) I am also the recipient of my quild's orphan blocks. This needs to stop or I need to share the wealth. I have WAY too many. One orphan quilt is on the quilt wall now and one on the floor waiting to be finished. Many more piling up each month.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:04 AM

My list is short and so many of you share it!

I hereby promise not to buy any (not one inch) of fabric all year! I have SABLE ... Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy many life times over.

And to quilt like a the crazy lady that I am to make hundreds of baby and kids' quilts for donation!

Wish me luck, y'all!