Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you get patterns from? >

Where do you get patterns from?

Where do you get patterns from?

Old 12-28-2018, 05:12 AM

Depends. If I want something to go together easily, I go to Eleanor Burns for a pattern. If I don't find what I'm looking for there, I go to my stash of saved photos and patterns and if nothing there works, I go to Quilter's Cache.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

Jenny Doan at MSQC has tons of free tutorials... usually a simplified way of doing classic blocks.

If you like scrappy quilts, the Quilted Twins website is loaded with free patterns. You can do any of them less scrappy and more planned, too. Love her quilts!
https://www.quiltedtwins.com/free-patterns-layout-2 scroll down to the free patterns.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

My sister and husband gave me several books. One is called Around The Block. Mostly though, I like to find pictures online and draw them in my EQ5.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:54 PM

Pat Sloan always has free BOMs and QALs on her web site. (Block of the Months - Quilt Alongs)
Maybe one of these free sampler quilts will be just what you are looking for:
https://www.patsloan.com/pat-sloans-free-patterns.html
Old 12-28-2018, 03:44 PM

I’ve found a few sampler type from fat quarter shop, I’m doing the laundry basket quilts one “sew in love” right now, it’s beautiful. I too, am willing to pay a reasonable price for patterns. I especially appreciate the one I’m doing now because she includes videos and I’m a beginner.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:15 PM

http://joanne-threadhead.blogspot.co...0Quilt%20Along

Click on the quiltalong label. I made two of those , both turned out great, the instructions are flawless!
Old 12-29-2018, 06:23 AM

toverly, am doing the Fun on the Farm and Good Fortune also. You won't see me posting pics because I'm all thumbs trying to figure out how to do it...but I'm there! Enjoy the processes!!
Old 12-29-2018, 11:34 AM

Ricky Tims has a free Legacy block quilt pattern on The Quilt Show,
Old 12-29-2018, 01:47 PM

I buy some patterns but there's a ton of free patterns online with youtube tutorials from Missouri Star Quilt Company, Fat Quarter Shop, Craftsy, Sew Easy or just do a search. Here's one with thousands of patterns
www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-quilt-patterns-directory.htm

A lot of sites which feature fabric collections will offer free patterns such as Jane Sassaman http://www.janesassaman.com/Jane_Sas...Templates.html

There are a lot of individual tutorials from individuals like Angela Walters, Jean Truelove, Laura Ann Coia, Nancy Zieman (sadly recently deceased, but still online) too many to name really. Happy hunting!
Old 12-29-2018, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I have done most blocks in splendid sampler 1 in one way or another and splendid sampler 2 is the only project I currently have on the go. I am off to check other website suggestions now - thanks!