Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Rowenta iron just dumped all of the water on my ironing board. >

My Rowenta iron just dumped all of the water on my ironing board.

My Rowenta iron just dumped all of the water on my ironing board.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Default My Rowenta iron just dumped all of the water on my ironing board.

There have been threads about the best irons, but I have not found them. Can anyone help me. I am done with Rowenta irons and everyone that I have had has had the same problem. Called the company and was told to use spring water, did not work. I need a new reliable brand. I liked the Rowenta because it had the highest temperature.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

I tossed my new Rowenta in the trash when it gushed gushed water along with the steam. I really like the Eureka iron I found on sale. It gets hot, 1800 watts. Steams great and so far no leaks. I have the Reliable iron or had one. My DD borrowed it and I doubt I get it back. I think this next time I'm buying the iron that Donna Jordan uses at Jordan Fabric in her videos. Should have invested in one years ago and never would have to think about an iron again.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:21 AM

I have a $9.99 special I bought at $ General several years ago. It was 9:45PM on a Sat. night and I wanted to be able to sew that weekend. I never replaced it because it heated quickly and got Hot.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-03-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-03-2019, 11:49 AM

I use a Rowenta iron because of the wattage but I spray water on my fabric instead of use the steam. I use a hair stylist bottle sprayer because the spray is a fine mist and not like the typical spray bottle. You can get quilt themed hair stylist spray bottles now, I bought mine at my local quilt shop.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

for awhile Rowenta irons were evidently catching fire for many quilters. I had one for years, then one day it blew my power cord. it went into the trash.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
I use a Rowenta iron because of the wattage but I spray water on my fabric instead of use the steam. I use a hair stylist bottle sprayer because the spray is a fine mist and not like the typical spray bottle. You can get quilt themed hair stylist spray bottles now, I bought mine at my local quilt shop.
That’s what I do. Don’t use water in my Panasonic cordless either.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:42 PM

I have never heard a positive review of a Rowenta iron. In fact, everything I have read is how there is a problem with leaking! Best of luck on your next choice.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:28 PM

My Rowenta is dying. It is probably about 1 -1 1/2 years old. The instructions said to use regular tap water, but I should have known better since our water leans hard. Anyway, I have to have it turned on the highest temperature for it to heat up now and steam. I am not going to get another one :-(
Old 01-03-2019, 02:10 PM

I use a cheap Black and Decker that I bought at Walmart at least 15, maybe 20 years ago. It gets good and hot. I don't put water in it, instead I use a spray bottle like Christine mentioned. If it ever dies, I'll buy another cheap one like it.

Rob
Old 01-03-2019, 02:11 PM

My Rowenta is doing the same thing!!!! What an I going to do? Not buy another Rowenta? Then buy what? I don't want one of those $200 irons. ????