Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not sure I like how this turned out >

Not sure I like how this turned out

Not sure I like how this turned out

Old 01-12-2019, 08:05 PM

Yes Peckish, my thoughts exactly. When I made Elizabeth Hartman’s Fancy Fox pattern
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGltf0j...d=phviszxh5w7n
I wound up with a similar long and skinny shape. Turns out it’s perfect for the two of us on the couch! Theres always the next quilt!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:03 AM

I like your quilt. next time, I would add a little more white space and maybe some blocks of varying sizes? I think you would like it better also if the different types of blocks were scattered about. Still, I love the colorful-ness of this quilt and it will be useful as a throw. Who knows? It may grow on you!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:28 AM

I see me snuggled under that quilt as I sit in my recliner drinking hot cocoa. Festive!
Old 01-13-2019, 05:44 AM

I like it! If you're not sure about it , put it away for a bit. Great to lay on outside.... or use watching tv....My gig made herself a bed runner but uses it to cuddle in as well.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:45 AM

I think it is lovely! This is one that you'll look back on and treasure. The uses for its size will begin to emerge for you and you'll begin to wonder what you'd do without it. Congratulations on creating a great quilt with so many learning experiences!
Old 01-13-2019, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Your quilt is very pretty...however, you decide to use it!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

I'm sorry here- didn't realize it was bound until I read the comments. No way would I take that baby apart!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:30 AM

The quilt is beautiful, but I can understand your consternation. This would have been a good quilt to place on the floor or other design board and take a picture before the pieces were put together. Next time!
Old 01-13-2019, 07:00 AM

I like it! Great colors and the pattern has a fun look to it
Old 01-13-2019, 07:19 AM

Default Very nice!

Its beautiful!! Quilting has been elevated to an art form. There is no wrong way. I really like it. Nice job!

Originally Posted by TAMARATJO View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606647[/ATTACH]

I had several blocks I wanted to try. Sort of a ribbon block theme. I considered a row quilt, and a sampler quilt with a more traditional layout. I guess I would consider this a modern layout? Anyway, I had fun making the blocks of all different sizes, and adding in some filler blocks I wanted to try too. It was a fun challenge to figure out how to put it together, and due to my inexperience, how to piece the various blocks together. (Are those odd intersections considered "y" seams?)
It was lots of fun to make, but I am not sure I really like outcome. It ended up being a very odd size, and longer than expected, so it looks unbalanced. Maybe I needed to add more white sashing between block groupings? Or add more width to improve the proportions. Maybe I am just not a big fan of the modern layout. I am interested in any comments, and I am not sensitive, so feel free to be blunt. (Sorry this is sideways, not sure how to fix that. It was oriented correctly from my file.)