Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you look for a material if its discontinued >

Where do you look for a material if its discontinued

Where do you look for a material if its discontinued

Old 01-13-2019, 06:29 AM

Post a pic and maybe someone has it in their stash I have a HUGE stash and would love getting rid of some
Old 01-13-2019, 08:37 AM

I just went thru this looking for an additional amount of a christmas fabric (I 'double sold' a tree skirt and only had one of the two fabrics!!!!!). It was a Robert Kaufman, so I started with googling that. And then, just spent a lot of time going from site to site. I found that fabric in another color on several etsy sites and convo'd them to ask if they had the one I needed and just had not posted it. I did the same thing with several shops not on etsy. FOUND IT!! It definitely was a lot of time and effort, but it is out there - somewhere, on someone's shelf, just keep searching and asking! I have done similar things in the past and have found that if you only need 1/2 or 1 yard, etsy folks have lots of fabric.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:53 AM

I once contacted the manufacturer, they were able to tell me which shops still had it in stock, I was a happy shopper!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:26 PM

If I have manufacturer's name or designer info from the selvages I Google the information until I find it. If that doesn't work I have sometimes found it by description--for instance Grunge! I hadn't even heard the name before but ended up finding the fabric. If it is long out of print I suggest all the above. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
Post a pic and maybe someone has it in their stash I have a HUGE stash and would love getting rid of some
I am purging my stash also, post a picture.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:19 PM

Hello! My name is Bonnie, and I just joined the forum yesterday. My new daughter-in-law asked me to make her a quilt for their bedroom, and she chose "Mountainview" by Coach House Designs, 2015. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to locate and purchase all but two of the fabrics listed in the pattern. I am still in search of Moda Winter Forest Flannels by Holly Taylor. A half yard of sku#6603-11f, titled "blue needles on cream," and a yard sku#6603-19f, titled "needles on black."

If anyone has any ideas where I might be able to get my hands on these; I would be forever grateful. Thank you in advance for all your help!!!
Old 11-12-2023, 10:21 AM

Hello- I just joined this website and am posting to possibly locate a discontinued fabric from JoAnn's Fabric stores. I don't know the name of the fabric, nor the designer, but still have a large piece of it. I can't tell how to post the picture on here. I tried a copy and paste to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Ann Marie

Old 11-12-2023, 10:50 AM

Here's some helpful info on posting pictures that I copied from another recent thread -- good luck with your search/fabric!

It takes some time to get used to posting pictures on this site. There are several help postings, here's one of them
Including Images and Attachments (as of 24 Jan 2020)

I also like OurWorkbench's directions, here's one copy:
Cracked antique sewing machine pedal

It took me like a year before I could post, for me it was that the file size from my old digital camera was too big... I have to reduce the file size and I use this site (no affiliations) although there are now subscription options, I've always used it for free
https://www.reduceimages.com/

The other thing to be aware of is the interface, a couple of years ago it changed formats and now the upload button is to the far right and you don't see it in the attachment window unless you stretch it out!