Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
BURGOYNE, NAVY AND WHITE, Going in the Frame >

BURGOYNE, NAVY AND WHITE, Going in the Frame

BURGOYNE, NAVY AND WHITE, Going in the Frame

Old 02-19-2010, 09:32 AM

Great job Ninnie! Wish my stitches were as even as yours!! Can't wait to see it all done.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
Great job Ninnie! Wish my stitches were as even as yours!! Can't wait to see it all done.
thank you R!!
I can't wait to see it done either :lol: :lol:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:08 PM

I was tought to quilt on 2x4's (4) frame and c-clamps. Wow!! This is nice. One day, I will just have to put this on my wish list. Thank you so very much!!! Back to quilting.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lorie
I was tought to quilt on 2x4's (4) frame and c-clamps. Wow!! This is nice. One day, I will just have to put this on my wish list. Thank you so very much!!! Back to quilting.
I first learned to quilt on my DH's gramdmother's old home made frame. It had 2 poles that were 2 in square . and had muslin stapled to the edges. They sat in slots cut out of home made saw horses. I would take the poles up to our community building, push the tables together. pin all three layers to one pole, let it lay over the edge of the table for tension, and pin to the other pole. :lol: :lol: Then when you got ready to turn it, it would take at least 3 people to unroll some, and tighten it back up on both poles.I quilted on these for 3 years. Then I saw a picture of an Hinterberg Frame in a quilting magazine, and showed it to DH, saying how "fancy" it was. I didn't know he called and got the information, and then ordered the frames for me for my birthday that year. What a surprise!!! I am teased by DH and kids, that this is my favorite piece of furniture in our home :lol: :lol: Getting a quilt layered, and on the poles right was about a 4 hr job with the old one. With this one, I can put one in in about 30 minutes , by myself. And, I can turn it by myself in 1 minute. If you love to hand quilt, this a great set of frames. You can also order the plans and the hardware and make your own set, if someone you knows does wood work. Good luck!!!

:-D
Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Ninnie, so glad I found you again - Gai posted a link for me. The quilting is going really great, though I was sorry to read about your poorly finger - X X X better.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I first learned to quilt on my DH's gramdmother's old home made frame. It had 2 poles that were 2 in square . and had muslin stapled to the edges. They sat in slots cut out of home made saw horses. I would take the poles up to our community building, push the tables together. pin all three layers to one pole, let it lay over the edge of the table for tension, and pin to the other pole. :lol: :lol: Then when you got ready to turn it, it would take at least 3 people to unroll some, and tighten it back up on both poles.I quilted on these for 3 years. Then I saw a picture of an Hinterberg Frame in a quilting magazine, and showed it to DH, saying how "fancy" it was. I didn't know he called and got the information, and then ordered the frames for me for my birthday that year. What a surprise!!! I am teased by DH and kids, that this is my favorite piece of furniture in our home :lol: :lol: Getting a quilt layered, and on the poles right was about a 4 hr job with the old one. With this one, I can put one in in about 30 minutes , by myself. And, I can turn it by myself in 1 minute. If you love to hand quilt, this a great set of frames. You can also order the plans and the hardware and make your own set, if someone you knows does wood work. Good luck!!!

Yes!!! So many memories. I do love hand quilting.One day, one day. For now I can look at yours!! UUUhh!!! Thank you much.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie

Yes!!! So many memories. I do love hand quilting.One day, one day. For now I can look at yours!! UUUhh!!! Thank you much.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 PM

uh, so, ninnie, i hear you're ready to begin another quilt. king-size.
(please don't hurt me :-o :-o . i take it back :lol: :lol: )
Old 02-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
uh, so, ninnie, i hear you're ready to begin another quilt. king-size.
(please don't hurt me :-o :-o . i take it back :lol: :lol: )
as a matter of fact, I am :lol: :lol: It is going to be red and black,with 8 different reds. :shock: :shock: of course, i know you will gladly quilt this next one for me on your "Lizzie" :D :D
Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM

i will. and then i'll keep it. red is my next-to-favorite color. but you can visit and quilt it on the lizzie yourself, you know.