Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for you about sewing table >

Question for you about sewing table

Question for you about sewing table

Old 02-06-2019, 11:47 AM

Default Question for you about sewing table

Does anyone here have a SewPerfectTable? Or do you know anyone that has one. It is not shown on Amazon...don't know if I can give the link here...but it has gray K-legs. Just google Sew Perfect Tables. It is a very basic table and is expensive. But it adjusts down to the height that is comfortable for me to quilt on. I can find no real reviews of it anywhere, but have been looking at this table for years. I just always made do when younger and healthier.

I did find where someone mentioned buying the legs and having a table top made. If my husband had not had the stroke 2 1/2 yrs ago, we would have did that in a heartbeat. He could have did this. But it is not an option now. He went from being a man who could do/make anything, to just being able to get around.

Right now I have my machine set down in a full sized office desk that my husband did for me. He cut a hole out and then make a 'shelf' for the machine to sit on and I have it as a flat bed. I have used it for years, but it is just too high to be comfortable on. Specially when doing a big quilt.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:59 AM

When I sew on a table that is too high for me (I am 5'2") I get an office chair that I raise to the highest position and if the sewing surface is still too high I add pillows/cushions. For me it is easier than getting a new table or sewing surface.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:02 PM

can you change the height of the chair you sit on to make it more comfortable? Or try a different chair?
Old 02-06-2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mamagrande View Post
When I sew on a table that is too high for me (I am 5'2") I get an office chair that I raise to the highest position and if the sewing surface is still too high I add pillows/cushions. For me it is easier than getting a new table or sewing surface.
I did get the chair that went the highest....the trouble with that is then I have to stretch to reach the foot pedal.

I have one of my sewing machines on a computer table that probably came from a school. and it is the perfect height. I have free motioned quilted a small quilt on it but it is not convenient for a big quilt. But that is how I know it would make such a difference in quilting.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sewgood View Post
can you change the height of the chair you sit on to make it more comfortable? Or try a different chair?
I know this is basically repeating what I told the mamagrande, but I have a chair and it is as high as it will go. And when I got it, I sat in every chair there to get the one that went the highest. And then there are times due to the bulk of the quilt in my lap, I am having to struggle to reach the foot pedal.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Can you get a box or platform to put the foot pedal on? I think I would want a "step" that goes all across the foot/leg area, to rest your left foot on, too. It wouldn't be hard to make, just three pieces of wood.
One thing that comes to mind for the foot pedal is a yoga block, which is hard foam about 4x5x10".
Old 02-06-2019, 01:38 PM

Here is a link. It is different than most of the tables we see. It does look sturdy!

https://www.sewperfecttables.com/
Old 02-06-2019, 02:54 PM

I have the Sew Perfect Quilt Professional II, I've had it for about two years. I Love it, but I wish I had the room for one of the extension kits, because the table feels rather narrow when I'm trying to quilt (that said, I have determined that quilting on a domestic sewing machine is just not for me, not matter what gadgets I get). I found it easy to put together, but I like putting furniture together. It is VERY heavy, so you might want someone with some muscle to help you when putting it together and moving it around. It's a huge upgrade from the Ikea table I was using previously.

Edited to add: Occasionally, they'll offer tables on their Facebook page at a reduced price because the finish on the table top is marred or has some other kind of cosmetic damage. It's worth calling to see if they have anything like that available, because they are expensive tables.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-08-2019 at 07:09 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-06-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rose S. View Post
Does anyone here have a SewPerfectTable? Or do you know anyone that has one. It is not shown on Amazon...don't know if I can give the link here...but it has gray K-legs. Just google Sew Perfect Tables. It is a very basic table and is expensive. But it adjusts down to the height that is comfortable for me to quilt on. I can find no real reviews of it anywhere, but have been looking at this table for years. I just always made do when younger and healthier.

I did find where someone mentioned buying the legs and having a table top made. If my husband had not had the stroke 2 1/2 yrs ago, we would have did that in a heartbeat. He could have did this. But it is not an option now. He went from being a man who could do/make anything, to just being able to get around.

Right now I have my machine set down in a full sized office desk that my husband did for me. He cut a hole out and then make a 'shelf' for the machine to sit on and I have it as a flat bed. I have used it for years, but it is just too high to be comfortable on. Specially when doing a big quilt.

Thanks in advance.
If you are interested in buying, IKEA has legs and table tops that you can buy separately.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:05 PM

For the same price as the sew perfect table ( or maybe less), just hire a handyman to shorten the legs on your desk.