Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question about grace q'nique midarm sewing machine >

question about grace q'nique midarm sewing machine

question about grace q'nique midarm sewing machine

Old 02-12-2019, 01:25 PM

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for the wonderful tips! This board and the people on it are the best!!!!!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM

Good advice, but I do think you will be able to get about 9 - 9.5 inches of quilting space on smaller quilts. The longer the quilt, the more of your quilting space will be used up on the take up roller as you finish each row.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:07 PM

Quilters Creative Touch is a computerized system that you can use with the Q'nique. I have a Qnique 21 with QCT Beginings. It works well. It does require a stitch regulated machine, so hope you bought that with your machine.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:12 PM

Quilter's Creative Touch is an extra purchase. It came with a different carriage, software (the computerized workings), everything to work except the computer. You need a tablet or computer using Windows, mounted onto the top of the machine and the software that makes the machine move runs on the tablet. There is a free trial on the Grace Company's website that you can download and see how it works. Even though I have the full version of the software downstairs on my frame, I take a lot of my patterns into the trial version while I'm watching TV upstairs and see how I want to do something, write down my notes and then I can go downstairs and set my machine up to do what I want. It's a learning process but there are a lot of good you tube videos (especially by Angela Huffman) that have helped me, plus I had the manual that is on the software CD printed out. I'm getting more comfortable with that--I've learned a lot about fixing mistakes!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:15 PM

My BlockRockIt is stitch regulated and I'm sure the Qnique is also. I have the full version (QCT4Gold) but once my Gold year (you have to buy a license for the Gold part yearly), I will just stay with QCT4. I really like using it.

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
Quilters Creative Touch is a computerized system that you can use with the Q'nique. I have a Qnique 21 with QCT Beginings. It works well. It does require a stitch regulated machine, so hope you bought that with your machine.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:27 AM

Can you quilt a queen size quilt on this machine? What I mean does it have enough throat space to free motion, if not on a frame? I need to look this machine up.
Let us see your machine and tell us your reviews once you work with it. Congratulations and I'm glad your dream to own one has come true.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:03 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Leah Day quilts on that machine and she has a lot of free videos on her site and on you tube
Isn't Leah's machine the 21" throat version?
Old 02-13-2019, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
Isn't Leah's machine the 21" throat version?
She has the 14+ Q'nique, which is the older model of the Q'nique 15. It has 15" throat .
Old 02-13-2019, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
Can you quilt a queen size quilt on this machine? What I mean does it have enough throat space to free motion, if not on a frame? I need to look this machine up.
On my Q'nique 14+, the quilting space is about 12 inches since the first take up bar takes up maybe two inches at the beginning of the quilt. I have done queen sizes without any problem. My quilting frame can do quilts up to king size.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Does this sale at JoAnn include the frame? If it is just for the machine head, with no rack, their "sale" price is more than regular price for on line retailers. On Amazon it is retailing for $3,299.00

https://www.amazon.com/Qnique-Quilte...44797286&psc=1

Same price at Sewing machines plus but they are listing it as being "sale price"
https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/q...SABEgKD6vD_BwE