Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how many UFO's do you have now? >

how many UFO's do you have now?

how many UFO's do you have now?

Old 03-19-2019, 04:33 PM

2 still being pieced (trying to decide on the sashing for one- this was supposed to be my Christmas quilt LOL maybe next year), one on the long arm ready for quilting, and another ready to be quilted. I have several that I have cut out pieces for but not happy with my results. Not sure what I am going to do with these.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:15 PM

So many that I don’t even want to know. It is my goal to not start anything else new. I’ve got to be strong.😁
Old 03-19-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
What counts as UFO, some say not counting ones needing Quilting? Only tops? Finished except binding??? Projects on lists? Curious
We all have to chose what UFO means to us individually. For me, if I have specific fabric and pattern set aside for a project, it counts as started. A quilt is complete when it is completely quilted and bound.

Once a week, I have a "no-sew" day--I clean up my sewing area, cut scraps, and most importantly, choose my WIPs for the week. I choose one each for handwork, piecing, L&E, and FMQ. Sometimes the projects stay the same from week to week, sometimes I switch them out. It is so liberating to have "official permission" to set aside a project if I am not feeling inspired. Anything not a WIP is a UFO, even if I just worked on it a few days ago.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:53 AM

Started but unfinished. I couldnt count the ones that are just at the thinking about stage. lol
Old 03-20-2019, 05:52 AM

I too have way too many to count. I need to get them all in one place so I can finish one, before I start a new project. I used to have that in mind; humm, somewhere I got off track on that. Will have to get back to it. Some I've had for SO long I hope I can find the appropriate threads to finish them up in the same color already on them.