MARE STARE

Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 PM

For those of you who have been asking me about Mare Stare, I don't think Kay has any mares bred this year. I called her a couple times and left a message for her.
I checked her website and it looks as if she has mares bred for 2011, so I guess we'll have to wait until next year. :(
But, feel free to watch the others that were up last year.
http://pacificpintos.com/ Their cam is up and running
http://www.bitoblue.com/ According to her website, foals won't start showing until April, so I'm thinking cam will go on around mid March??
Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

WHAT :shock: :shock: :shock: But its spring and we need babies to watch... babies we know ! A place where when we have questions , we get answers . You just call Kay back up and tell her this is unacceptable :hunf: Well leave her a message at least :?
I am so disappointed :cry:
Old 02-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
WHAT :shock: :shock: :shock: But its spring and we need babies to watch... babies we know ! A place where when we have questions , we get answers . You just call Kay back up and tell her this is unacceptable :hunf: Well leave her a message at least :?
I am so disappointed :cry:
Here's Kays website..
http://www.baxterspaintedpasture.com/
Looking under Mares, it says "bred for 2011" so we have to wait. I know, waiting sucks, but what can we do, right?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Isn't it kind of early to have already bred for 2011? If bred today the mare should foal in January or February, and I thought Kay wanted her foals later, in the spring. Is it possible the web site is wrong, and someone typed in 2011 instead of 2010? We need an answer from the horse's mouth. <sorry>
Old 02-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
Isn't it kind of early to have already bred for 2011? If bred today the mare should foal in January or February, and I thought Kay wanted her foals later, in the spring. Is it possible the web site is wrong, and someone typed in 2011 instead of 2010? We need an answer from the horse's mouth. <sorry>
I'm just going by what it says on her website.
I know Kay has (in the past) forgotten the dates, but I'm thinking she's bred for early 2011, which is what it says on her site.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

Bummer ! What will we do for entertainment this spring :?:
Oh my... could it be... we will have more time for sewing :roll: LOL And I already had the rag quilts planned that I would clip while sitting here for days on end waiting for a pony :shock:
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Power Poster

:shock: :shock: :shock: No Mare Stare???????? What ever will I do to loose sleep this year? :roll: :roll:
And I was planning on winning all those FQ :-D :-D Now I am going to have to buy material :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do remember her saying something about not thinking she had any that breed, so 2011 does sound right.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Oh pooh! My FQ stash was getting a little low too! Cos you all KNOW that I would have won - again! LMBO!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:15 AM

HI Everyone!!

Im so sorry but every time I come back to this forum it has changed and I cant figure out where to post LOL. I got a new job and its horrible and all I do is work and sleep. I have a new interview this week so hoping I can get out of this job!

I really dont think we have any foals coming :( I am so sad. Patches lost her foal (a filly of course) Jan 1. Two other mares absorbed and came up open in Aug. The other 2 never got pregnant. We bred the 2 back but it was so late in the year that I dont think they got settled. There is a very slim chance that Bailey and Meadow could be in foal and due late summer (july) but Im doubtful as they are not looking round at all.

If you guys remember back in June we did that show where someone brought sick horses which in turn made all of ours sick. My vet feels that is why the mares absorbed and came up open.

We are so sad as this will be the first year since we started that we have no foals coming.

We are going to breed a little earlier this spring so that we dont have foals coming during show season. You all know how I stress at shows if a mare is due at home. So I guess its a bit of a good thing as we can get all the mares back on schedule to foal early spring. We will begin breeding them late march early april and try to get most of the foals due in March.

I have been trying to get urine from Bailey and Meadow to know for sure if they are in foal but they are not cooperating.

Thanks so much for thinking of us!! Wish I had better news

Kay
Old 02-23-2010, 05:34 AM

There you are Kay!!!!
You got my message!
YIPPEE!!!
Foals next spring!
I AM THERE!!!
WOOHOO!!! I can do Mare Stare in person!
I'll boil the water and wrap bandages!!
Oh yes...I'll make the coffee too! :) :)