Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sweet 16 in a Grace Pinnacle quilt frame? >

Sweet 16 in a Grace Pinnacle quilt frame?

Sweet 16 in a Grace Pinnacle quilt frame?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:47 AM

I have had the Jukie set up for several years and find it difficult to do anything other than a meander. This is due to the ever smaller space as you roll the quilt. I have used the meander a lot, but cannot do anything else on it. The Jukie is a great machine for piecing. Also you can call the grace company and they can tell you how to reset the stitch regulator to fit your machine if it can be done.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:16 AM

Just got new encoder arm. It is still skipping stitches......ugh so frustrated. And i am breaking needles. Thinking my timing is out?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:33 AM

It's best to check with both HQ and Grace about whether the frame and the machine are compatible. I had a HQ16 with a Pinnacle frame, and they were fine together. The HQ16 was originally used as a sit down machine, but converted to work on the frame. My HQ16 was not stitch regulated.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chel826 View Post
Just got new encoder arm. It is still skipping stitches......ugh so frustrated. And i am breaking needles. Thinking my timing is out?
Are the encoders making reliable contact with the track/frame? Also, moving too fast will break needles.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:00 PM

Gemrm, thank you. I also just found out my frame may not be level. Going to check that at tomorrow. I appreciate this group so much.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Flyboy Jim View Post
Please keep us posted on how this goes. I just bought a Juki TL-18QVP recently and I'm wondering how it would work on a long arm. I'm eyeing the Grace Q-Zone Hoop-Frame. Not like your long arm, but I think the throat limitations would be similar.

Jim
I use a Juki TL98Q on my frames. I used it on the Q-Zone Hoop frame and am now using it on my Q-Zone queen frame.(longarm frame) I think adapting to the Q-Zone hoop frame would be much easier if one had never used a longarm setup. It definitely beat trying to quilt on a domestic machine for me. I do know people that are able to do beautiful quilting on their domestic, but I can't do it.