"Weigh In"

Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 AM

Ya'll are doing so good! I have had another setback. I spent yesterday at the hospital getting i.v. therapy for cellulitis. I am on "no activity" and multiple antibiotics. I'll keep you updated...

Keep on working hard, it gives positive results.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:49 AM

Good job everyone. Those plateaus are a killer--they zap my incentive like nothing else!! Keep working thru all those plateaus and setbacks. We're all much healthier even if the scale doesn't show a loss.
Have a healthy day!!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:05 AM

good morning everyone!

I got on the treadmill this morning! after several days up all night with my 3 yo with pink eye, he slept through the night! It's amazing how much easier it is to get up in the morning when I've had a decent nights sleep. of course, "decent nights sleep" is subjective right now for me! I keep telling myself the sleep deprivation is preparation for when the baby arrives!

have a great day everyone! WE CAN DO IT!!!

Rose Hall
Old 02-23-2010, 05:10 AM

Good morning everyone! I pray that you all have a great day as we continue on our journey of weight loss.

Trupeach and Pat: I am not on WW but I am watching calories. I really didn't realize how much I was eating until I started to pay attention to the calories. I am 52 and thought that losing weight at my age wasn't going to happen, but with God's help I (and my hubby) am doing it. We have been at this since July and made the commitment to stick to this for one year. So July 1st we are having a clothes burning party. We are going to take a piece of our biggest clothing and burn it to represent our success. Kind of silly I guess but we are looking forward to it. Oh, and I need to lose at least 50 more so I will be on this for quite some time yet.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 AM

Wow! Now I will go swimming today! I was thinking about skipping it...
Great exercise for the whole boday. It's the best thing I've found for getting my weak muscles stronger and helping my aches and pains.
Just have to get past "swimming?? in winter???? It's cold!!"
Yep, but it's worth it. (Yes, I swim at an indoor pool!)
Old 02-23-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by lovemonkie
Wow! Now I will go swimming today! I was thinking about skipping it...
Great exercise for the whole boday. It's the best thing I've found for getting my weak muscles stronger and helping my aches and pains.
Just have to get past "swimming?? in winter???? It's cold!!"
Yep, but it's worth it. (Yes, I swim at an indoor pool!)
Lovemonkie: My doctor has asked me to think about signing up for a swimming exercise program (low impact). I think you have inspired me to make that phone call. I looked up the number some time ago and today I am going to call for information. Thanks for posting.
Linda
Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by quiltylori
Good morning everyone! I pray that you all have a great day as we continue on our journey of weight loss.

Trupeach and Pat: I am not on WW but I am watching calories. I really didn't realize how much I was eating until I started to pay attention to the calories. I am 52 and thought that losing weight at my age wasn't going to happen, but with God's help I (and my hubby) am doing it. We have been at this since July and made the commitment to stick to this for one year. So July 1st we are having a clothes burning party. We are going to take a piece of our biggest clothing and burn it to represent our success. Kind of silly I guess but we are looking forward to it. Oh, and I need to lose at least 50 more so I will be on this for quite some time yet.

So it can be done at my age.......YIPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! You are an inspiration. I too am NOT doing WW and doing calories and also was going to TRY and make the commitment for 1 year. When you do it alone I think it is harder then when you have a partner to share this with them. When you are alone it is sooooooooo easy to just say the heck with dinner I will have a bag of cookies instead. I hope we will all be here over the next several weeks/months to encourage each other. I like the idea of the burning party you will have so much to celebrate, not just in weight loss but the years you have added onto your life because of it. :D :D YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
good morning everyone!

I got on the treadmill this morning! after several days up all night with my 3 yo with pink eye, he slept through the night! It's amazing how much easier it is to get up in the morning when I've had a decent nights sleep. of course, "decent nights sleep" is subjective right now for me! I keep telling myself the sleep deprivation is preparation for when the baby arrives!

have a great day everyone! WE CAN DO IT!!!

Rose Hall
Good for you!! this can be a hard time right now, but hang in there. Your exercise and keeping tabs on your weight will really make a big difference when the day comes for your new baby. I know because I walked a lot with my third child and I bounced back quickly. I know my exercise paid off that way. Glad you are here with us!!

janRN wrote:
Good job everyone. Those plateaus are a killer--they zap my incentive like nothing else!! Keep working thru all those plateaus and setbacks. We're all much healthier even if the scale doesn't show a loss.
Have a healthy day!!

Plateaus are frustrating that is for sure! The best thing to do is not give up even tho it is tempting. Thanks for all your support here. We are finding out others are going thru the same weight challenges.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by quiltylori

You are doing great and what fun it will be to burn those clothes. Of course, here we would need a city permit to have a fire. ha Wish I could get DH to stop eating so much, he really needs to lose too. But I think he eats out of boredom instead of hunger. So nice that your DH is going on this trip with you. It's so much easier when you don't have him saying lets go get a shake, or a burger. Good for both of you and you will feel so much better too. There are lots of rewards!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 PM

I think burning your clothes is a wonderful idea!! Once our big clothes are gone we will be sure to keep the weight off 'cause we don't want to buy new "big clothes"!! Keep up the good work