Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for sit down mid arm >

Looking for sit down mid arm

Looking for sit down mid arm

Old 05-26-2019, 12:40 PM

I have had 2 Bailey’s home quilter. My first one was a 13” that I bought on EBay for @ $1000. I enjoyed it for about 5-6 years. I sold it on Craigslist and bought a 22” Bailey on EBay for $900!! It was hardly used!! My husband built me a table that’s about 4’ x 2.5’. I love my machine!! I’ve loved both of them and at that price point I didn’t think I could pass it up. I had never had a set up where you move the machine, only a domestic machine where you move the fabric so there really wasn’t much of a learning curve.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:25 PM

I don’t know if you have decided or not yet... but i bought a Nolting Quilting Bee last October !

It is an uncomplicated, sitdown longarm quilting machine that is easy to learn to use and maintain yourself. I have done free motion quilting on my domestic sewing machine for years and this machine is perfect for me. No stitch regulator (which i did not want anyway). The machine does not have a built in needle up/down function, however Nolting was very happy to install an accessory one for me that works great!

I ordered my machine just the way i wanted it - they even painted the machine itself and the table legs Lilac for me to match my sewing room! The people at Nolting are wonderful to work with and will answer all of your questions until you dont have any more to ask! I live about a half hour away from their manufacturing facility and they brought my machine to my house and set it up for me! If you dont live close by no worries, because it is my understanding that they have dealers all over the US.

The machine is made in the USA and built to last. This is Not a commercial for Nolting - i am just a very happy customer!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-14-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

congrats on your new setup
Old 06-14-2019, 04:52 PM

Thank you Quiltin Nan - i apologize that you had to edit my all caps... i promise to watch that from now on (old habit)!