Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brands other than Sew Steady? >

Brands other than Sew Steady?

Brands other than Sew Steady?

Old 06-14-2019, 03:58 AM

I too have made a couple of foam insulation extensions for my machines....they turned out great. I covered them with duck cloth and then covered that with a heavy clear vinyl. Turned out real nice! I covered the foam-i because it was in storage and didn't come completely clean. On one of my foam-i extensions I put a paper ruler just to have at-the-ready and also a conversion chart from yds. to decimal measurements. So you can put any meaningful-to-you info under the clear vinyl.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cheryl7758 View Post
Try www.tailormadetables.com

I bought one from him several years ago for my featherweight - great legs, and nice finish - even a built in ruler and carrying handle. Highly recommend - no relation to vendor
Thanks! I didn't see my sewing machine model listed, but I saw similar ones so maybe if I get the dimensions I can figure out what would work.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mitty View Post
Thanks! I didn't see my sewing machine model listed, but I saw similar ones so maybe if I get the dimensions I can figure out what would work.
contact them, they can make one for you from your dimensions.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mitty View Post
Are there other manufacturers that make a table/platform for your sewing machine besides Sew Steady? I’m thinking of getting one and I don’t want to overlook any options. Thanks!
I love my Arrow Gidget II, the top is longer and wider than the Sew Steady, although a little more cumbersome putting it up and down! Super strong and steady!
Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 AM

I bought a "sew adjust table" from Sewing Mates. Reason is I can set it up to fit any of my machines. I just could not see paying so much for a table that will only be used on one machine. Also it is made here in the states. I really like it. I got the big one.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:00 AM

I highly recommend the "sew Perfect " tables. I have two and they are wonderful. Extremely sturdy, height adjustable and they make inserts custom for your machine so it fits perfectly into the table. They are pricey but well worth it for the quality, I have had mine for over five years now and have moved 4 times and they look as good as new.
https://www.sewperfecttables.com
Old 06-14-2019, 01:14 PM

I have a sew steady table like catsden and also made one for my Kenmore out of foam insulation like sephie and sew freak. Both work very well but if I had it to do over, I would probably stick with the foam insulation one just because of cost.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

I bought one from a gal in northern California who made them as a way to support her family. She really made a nice product and it was less than half the cost of the sew steady. I also have forgotten her business name dang it. Perhaps I can find the receipt and let you know later.