Hi from Havana

Old 07-09-2019, 07:47 AM

Default Hi from Havana

Hi, I`m a cuban quilter. Recently I bought a Bernina Artista 200 but in german. How I can change the language? I speak spanish and english.Thanks in advance
Old 07-09-2019, 07:53 AM

a warm welcome from western KY> sorry do not know your machine, and you are way ahead of me in language I only speak English and quilts
Old 07-09-2019, 07:54 AM

Hello Rafael, bottom of page 166 of this PDF should tell you how to access what languages your machine has:
https://www.bernina.com/BERNINA/medi...01_a200_EN.pdf

Welcome to the boards!
Old 07-09-2019, 08:06 AM

Thanks, I have the manual, but only says which language is active and not how to change it
Old 07-10-2019, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
Thanks, I have the manual, but only says which language is active and not how to change it
When you're in that "software and language" screen, did you try touching on where it says "German"? Maybe it operates like a drop-down menu and you need to select it to see your language choices. Just a guess.

Otherwise this may be helpful until you can figure it out: https://translate.google.com/
Old 07-10-2019, 05:49 AM

The other thing I was wondering about was the Factory Reset option which is in that same area of the book. Of course, that could indeed be German.

All I can say is that I've always wanted a machine smarter than I am! A friend of mine gave me a modern Bernina 830 "sewing computer" she replaced, it doesn't have the embroidery module because she already had a couple embroidery machines. I think it's pretty close to being smarter than me.

You would think a machine as smart as Rafael has there would be some sort of easy option but sometimes it's stuff that needs a dealer code or there is a hidden advanced screen somewhere. Sometimes it's the easy thing that gets us. Like with my new-to-me Bernie, I was trying to wind the bobbin and it just wouldn't go and wouldn't go until finally I realized that stomping on the foot pedal which worked very well with my old machines was not the way to do it and finally noticed the button on the display screen to press. Voila! after minutes of frustration, one very easily wound bobbin.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:33 PM

On page 27 of the manual...go to setup program and there is a box that says "software and language"...click on that and change your language.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:15 PM

Welcome from SE Michigan! It is good to welcome you here. Feel free to jump right in!
Old 08-31-2019, 04:44 PM

Welcome from NE Ohio, hope you're able to figure out how to change your machine
Old 08-31-2019, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.