Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Crocheters and Knitters Boards? >

Crocheters and Knitters Boards?

Crocheters and Knitters Boards?

Old 07-14-2019, 09:16 AM

Default Crocheters and Knitters Boards?

I am so happy I found the Quilting Board. I am also a crocheter and knitter (beginner) and was wondering if anyone knows of a "board" like ours for crocheters and knitters? I am not on facebook, so it would have to be a yahoo group. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

this one is owned by the same folks the QB is owned by... Knitting Paradise.
Another good one is Ravelry

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-15-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Ravelry.com is losing membership. There are a lot of crocheting and knitting facebook groups that post pictures and patterns and post lots of good advice to questions. I do a lot of thread crochet.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:46 PM

I just checked out the link that QuiltnNan gave (knitting paradise) & there sure are a lot of talented crocheters and knitters with great pictures. I've never been able to knit or crochet except for the very simplest of simple stitches but have always had more desire than drive to learn. I'm so in awe of those who are talented in these areas.
Has anyone ever seen Jonah Larson? I saw him on the Today Show a few months ago & he is unbelievably talented.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...36B6&FORM=VIRE
Old 07-15-2019, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
this one is owned by the same folks the QB is owned by https://www.knittingparadise.com/
Another good one is Ravelry.com
Thank you, thank you, nice knowing there are some sites out there for other crafts. This quilting board has been such a blessing and life saver for me. I have looked on line for other crafts but a lot has free patterns and all which is great, but not the social aspect of it and wonderful talented people that are willing to share as this one does. How about one for cross stitching, any chance the quilting board people have a site for that? I'm excited to check out this knitting one now.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:52 AM

Oh I like that Knitting Paradise forum...it is almost like the old format of Quilting Board! I registered Thanks for the link!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:50 AM

Here's another link. She has free patterns and crochets-along.

https://spincushions.com/
Old 07-15-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Ravelry.com is losing membership. There.....
Don't know where you get your info, but with over one million members to date, how do you figure Ravelry is losing membership!? I believe you may be mistaken about that. I am a long-time knitter and crocheters, and Ravelry is, hands down, the best and most complete fiber arts community site out there! By comparison, knitting paradise is full of trolls and people who love to stir trouble, and their membership is very limited. They have low to no moderation and stuff is allowed to go on there that is not tolerated on Ravelry. If I were a new knitter, I would definitely check into Ravelry!
Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewSweetBee View Post
Don't know where you get your info, but with over one million members to date, how do you figure Ravelry is losing membership!? I believe you may be mistaken about that. I am a long-time knitter and crocheters, and Ravelry is, hands down, the best and most complete fiber arts community site out there! By comparison, knitting paradise is full of trolls and people who love to stir trouble, and their membership is very limited. They have low to no moderation and stuff is allowed to go on there that is not tolerated on Ravelry. If I were a new knitter, I would definitely check into Ravelry!
interesting to know. when I posted knitting paradise and signed in, turns out I hadn't been there in 3 years! I'm a member of ravelry too, but don't go there much either.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:01 AM

Thank you for the info. I'm joining the knitting paradise one today and will check out the others in a few days. I knew you guys would come thru! thanks!