2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-08-2019, 11:39 AM

joe's mom I keep coming back to look at your low volume triple irish chain. I might have to try a low volume quilt after seeing yours.

We'll be thinking of you Pet. You get all that quilting in you can!

I'm sure your friend will love the comfort quilt Iceblossom.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:12 AM

Ready for the mail! Quiting doesn't show well, the green background stepping stones are outlined by stitch in the ditch, every other V has a heart in it, and the top squares have a "heart flower".

The backing is a large scale tropical print of outlined light green and blue leaf shapes with pink and white orchids.

All stash and finished! Yay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nicole Finished.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	737.6 KB
ID:	615854  
Old 08-09-2019, 06:13 AM

Very nice, Iceblossom, she will love it. I may have to copy that idea....soon.

I have all my animal skin squares trimmed and laid out. I am going to put the cheetah print as sashings. It is going to make a nice twin size quilt, some teenager would love it. And I have just one block left. I may have to go back to the warehouse on Monday and buy more cheetah print so I can use it for backing.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:20 AM

Grann, I have written up directions for this for my friend who wants to take it to a quilt camp next month. So far I have a couple more graphics to include and a couple of corrections and typos, but it's pretty much ready to go.

I use Open Office which is a free suite of Office software. You can open it into pretty much any word processing program you might use, including the Microsoft products.

If anyone wants a copy of the instructions, send me a private message with your email address.

I really enjoyed working on that Here Kitty Kitty quilt, it is next on the list to be quilted down. I went to a quilt show and in the members sales area was another piece of the cheetah print that I used. It was very tempting but I remembered the Moratorium and that I deliberately used up what I had and so I wasn't going to get any more.

Yeah... there is that part of me that regrets that decision!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:44 AM

Unfortunately, while I was checking to see what I might have for sashings, I came upon a jelly roll and 2 charm packs of another animal skins collection. So I guess I am not done making blocks, but I think the next one will be further down the road. Oh, I sent you a PM, Iceblossom.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Ready for the mail! Quiting doesn't show well, the green background stepping stones are outlined by stitch in the ditch, every other V has a heart in it, and the top squares have a "heart flower".

The backing is a large scale tropical print of outlined light green and blue leaf shapes with pink and white orchids.

All stash and finished! Yay
Very Pretty!!
Old 08-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I have done so good ( so far) this year using my stash- saving money. I have a feeling I might truly blow it though....
my hubby decided to surprise me with 2 days at the AQS Quilt Show in Grand Rapids the end of the month for a birthday gift! I’ve never managed to go to that show. We are going down after work on Thursday, spending Friday and Saturday at the show, home Sunday. I was so surprised he wanted to do this with me.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:01 AM

Woohoo, CKcowl! I was talking to the hubby about maybe going to the Grand Rapids show next year (timing is not good this year). That's where he is from and I would be staying with my dear Mother in Law. He says that he can stay home and take care of the pets while I go, but that means I owe him a trip home.

I think we can work with that. There seems to be a lot of people from Michigan here on the boards, or maybe I just notice them.

PS: For those that have asked for the pattern, I would love to see them if you make them! Please let me know where I can improve the directions or what are the questions you have that I haven't answered.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:20 AM

Wanna know something funny??? I am originally from Michigan, Lansing area. My DB lives in DeWitt, so not very far from Grand Rapids. And my aunt used to live in Grand Rapids. We lived one year in Midland, and 8 years in Detroit suburbs. Would love to get back to visit my brother, but my kids won't let me drive alone any more, and no one seems interested in taking me.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:33 AM

I am interested in this one! But what size do we make our piece, and some other info. for someone who hasn't done this before!
Thanks, Mariah