Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If you like Poldark, Father Brown, and Grantchester >

If you like Poldark, Father Brown, and Grantchester

If you like Poldark, Father Brown, and Grantchester

Old 08-22-2019, 04:01 AM

I absolutely loved Poldark- isn't there suppose to be a final season coming up?Then he's going to star in a new series.I'll check out Blandings -I have Amazon Prime ,too. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:46 AM

I have all the Poldark DVDs and waiting for the next season to come on PBS. On Starz and Prime you can watch Outlander series. That's another one you might not be able to put down. Collecting the books for both of these series, have the audio for the Outlander as well as the DVDs up to date. Won't tell you how many times I've watched those video as you might think I'm obcessed with them...........
Old 08-22-2019, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

I have Acorn, Britbox, Netflix, and Prime. Other then Netflix I subscribe to Acorn and Britbox through Prime. Only one bill. Prime has all the tv and streaming services available like HBO and Starz. Too many too list. The cost per year is about what I was paying per month with satellite tv or cable. I use Roku to stream the channels on my TV. I watch them on my Kindle Fire too.

If you the like the older version of Grantchester you will like the series Ballykissangle. The first episode is rather slow but after the second one I was hooked.

Last edited by Onebyone; 08-22-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
thanks, I will try to catch it. can't figure out Grantchester anymore. not my cup of tea.
Same here. He wouldn't leave the priesthood for the love of his life and agonized over it for a whole season, then falls in love at first sight with someone else and leaves. Some writing.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by institches33 View Post
Same here. He wouldn't leave the priesthood for the love of his life and agonized over it for a whole season, then falls in love at first sight with someone else and leaves. Some writing.
I agree. Terrible ending to the story. And now they're making Leonard into a jerk. I'm giving the new guy a chance, but I'm afraid the show is on a downward spiral.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by institches33 View Post
My thoughts as well. A pretty hard blow for the girl he strung along for years.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Wasn't Grantchester a book? Maybe the storyline is the plot of the book.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
thanks, I will try to catch it. can't figure out Grantchester anymore. not my cup of tea.
Don't really like the new guy either. They seem to be on the soapbox with the new writings for the show. Didn't watch it for social statements. Racism, gay rights, bullying, ect. Hopefully they realized it wasn't working and didn't make alot of episodes. I think there were only 4 new ones. At least of Florida public television.