Do You Sleep With Men?

Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by DebraK
Originally Posted by yorkiemom
No man, but I have a cat with a nose whistle...
lol, I spit out my drink reading that ;-)
So, did I! LOL
Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM

NO! Thank the dear Lord above I do not sleep with men anymore! I sleep all by myself, all over the bed, in any angle I choose, even if it's with my head hanging over the side admiring my nice clean floor absent of any man's underwear waiting for me to pick up! Free at last! Free at last!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Mine sleeps downstairs with his breathing machine...but still snores a little...I can't sleep with the noise of the machine and with the noises he makes....So, Tink and I have the queen size bed.....
My man already had a CPAP when we met. It was LOUD and I kept wondering if I'd have to live with it FOREVER?!! Nope. He got a new machine and it is very quiet. (I suggest he sees his medical supplier and ask for a new machine.)

The only problem now is his beard which makes it difficult to seat his mask properly; i.e., he'll move during the night, the mask moves, and a wind tunnel noise or whistle results. A tap on the shoulder -- " FIX IT!! -- does the job and peace descends.

Next, it was my turn. Because I breath more through my nose than mouth, I was fitted with only a nose piece that's slightly larger than an oxygen cannula (sp?). I now have more energy in the morning and during the day. Sleep apnea creeps up on a person and you don't realize your zip is getting zapped.

Now, if only they had a machine my cat Rudy would use -- he snores and "talks" in his sleep when he's dreaming! He insists on sleeping just under my chin so I know these things. :)
Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 PM

Our son moved out about 6 months ago and hubby took his room. LOVE IT!!! I told him as long as he comes to "visit" once in awhile I dont mind if he takes the extra room. He has a herniated disc in his lower back and has to sleep with his knee all the way up and one of our 100 lb dogs thinks hes a big teddy bear. Sleep is so much better!! Now if the dogs could let themselves out at night it would be great!!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Pillow for the back? snoring is worse if they sleep on their back.. sides the air gets in better for some reason. I think the old delivery works pretty good a gentle tap with a sharp cold knee.. works wonders at getting someone to turn over. Chill your hand first then apply it to a belly should get that puppy on his side in no time at all.
Husband sleeps on stomach with pillow tucked under neath him. I elbow and poke and sometimes have shaken the bed. They aren't as successful as pulling the pillow out from under him...(lol) not all the way but just enough and it works! There are times I get the pillow in my back and you know what... that pillow finds another home for the nite! ON THE CHAIR IN THE CORNER! In the morning he asks how did that get there, I say YOU DIDN'T WANT IT ANYMORE! he chuckles with a huhhhuhh!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:43 PM

Reading this thread has been hysterical! My husband and I had been married for 35 years when I lost him, but we spent most of those years sleeping in different levels of the house. His snoring always made me think of a cartoon where the doors and windows are blowing in and out while somebody snores. We always thought it was 'more romantic' to sneak to each other's beds after the kids were asleep.

Several years ago, we went on a wonderful cruise. I had to take earplugs, plus put those big earphones on with classical music playing over and over all night. Even then I could hear the snore, but at least I could sleep. Unfortunately, some other people on the boat couldn't. We were on the deck and overheard a conversation between two couples and one was saying that they haven't been able to sleep the whole cruise because somebody in the next cabin was snoring so loud. The other person asked what cabin they were in, and yup, it was right next to ours. We slinked away and were able to never meet them in hallway coming or going to the room.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

Oh you've never lived til you have been woken up by your husband beating the bed at 2 am because he thinks there are mice in the bed!! LOL My DH has a brain injury which causes dilusions. Thankfully we haven't "had any mice in the bed" in a long time now!! LOL He also just got a new cpap machine which has helped him sleep so much better. He still dreams and thinks the dreams are real but no mice lately!! He had a cpap for about 3 yrs but due to a sinus problem he turned it back in. This time they gave him a larger mask which is working well so far.
We are in the same bed but we each have our own covers as he jerks in his sleep due to seizures and I can't handle him moving so much. With my own blankets it doesn't bother me as much. I refuse to sleep in sep beds. The only time I sleep on the couch is if I have trouble breathing and have to prop myself up to sleep--I get bronchitis from time to time.

Sometimes Glen can't sleep due to pain in his legs or chest and he will go out in the living room and sit and sleep in his wheelchair.

When he worked at Goodyear Tire plant he worked shifts that rotated. So it would be hard to sleep when he worked the 11pm to 7am shift. A lot of the time he was sleeping during the day on two of the shifts. Midnights and the 3 to 11 shift. We have always kept our bedroom totally dark during the day because of this. We still keep it dark.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 PM

:roll: :roll: My DH talks in his sleep. I've learned how to pull one of my (three) pillows over my head to block it out.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
:roll: :roll: My DH talks in his sleep. I've learned how to pull one of my (three) pillows over my head to block it out.
I'd put a voice-activated recorder by his side of the bed. I'd want to know what he was saying!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:06 PM

I hate to admit that I am the snorer in my family and my husband is a very light sleeper so we have each had our own rooms for quite a while now.