Greist sewing attachments

Old 01-24-2019, 01:28 PM

Well, very surprised to see this post as I had found it previously in the Archives. I had opened it with great anticipation But... the pictures are preprinted with "Photo not found" I have met this different times, looking at older threads. Is there any chance of restoring them? I also appreciate accessories and picked up a metal box of Greist about three weeks ago and had had hopes of identifying them.

Last edited by Kelsie; 01-24-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-24-2019, 02:15 PM

The picture that does open the top ones look like the hemmers I have. Do you know what kinda mount that is and what singer accept those attachments
Old 01-24-2019, 02:25 PM

Many of them are my pictures, and due to a problem I had a few years ago, I lost all the links to my photobucket account. I have reposted some of them over on the VSS, but there is no way I can fix these old threads.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
Well, very surprised to see this post as I had found it previously in the Archives. I had opened it with great anticipation But... the pictures are preprinted with "Photo not found" I have met this different times, looking at older threads. Is there any chance of restoring them? I also appreciate accessories and picked up a metal box of Greist about three weeks ago and had had hopes of identifying them.
It's a Photobucket problem. Before websites allowed photos (they took up too much space), you could post your photos to Photobucket (a free site) and link it to your post. It would show up in your post.

Two or three years ago (I think), Photobucket started a program that you had to start paying to store your photos there, including the ones already there. I, along with a ton of others, had lots of photos stored there. I don't think many people went for the "pay by the month" to have your photos stay on old threads. Therefore, many of the old threads on sites like this will have that "click for photo" thing.

Anyway, that's the story on that.

bkay
Old 01-25-2019, 12:36 PM

Well thank you both for explaining it to me. Nice to know what happened. I even had the bright idea of taking pictures of the boxful that I found then remembered that we have already buried them in the depths of the motor home basement. Perhaps when we get back to Canada... or not considering we will be back in renovations again. Oh well I thought I would keep them til I buy my treadle just in case I could use them.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
It's a Photobucket problem. Before websites allowed photos (they took up too much space), you could post your photos to Photobucket (a free site) and link it to your post. It would show up in your post.

Two or three years ago (I think), Photobucket started a program that you had to start paying to store your photos there, including the ones already there. I, along with a ton of others, had lots of photos stored there. I don't think many people went for the "pay by the month" to have your photos stay on old threads. Therefore, many of the old threads on sites like this will have that "click for photo" thing.

Anyway, that's the story on that.

bkay
That’s awesome. I was on a board similar to this in the early 2000 before Facebook sending pictures to photo bucket and adding the link. It’s so much easier to upload a photo here.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:54 PM

I just obtained a box of Greist feet. I would call them the slip on style. They have a fork like top. I have several singers that are side and back mount. What would these feet fit please
Old 09-26-2019, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by lowjane View Post
I just obtained a box of Greist feet. I would call them the slip on style. They have a fork like top. I have several singers that are side and back mount. What would these feet fit please
If they look like the ones shown at https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...ml#post6857362 they will not fit any Singer sewing machines. As Macybaby talks about at https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...ml#post6753540 there are many sizes and dimensions for a variety of machines. I saw a diagram of top clamp feet from 1906 and there were 12 different ones. Unfortunately, they don't tell which machines they fit.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:49 AM

Default So excited to have found this discussion

I have a bunch of Greist attachments, but no idea what machines they are for. I'd love some help, if anyone is willing. I will try to attach pictures of some of them. There are some flat metal things, too, which I am clueless about.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7450.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	445.6 KB
ID:	631489   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7451.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	631490   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7452.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	370.3 KB
ID:	631491  
Old 02-06-2021, 09:28 PM

The first picture is rufflers, binders, edge stitchers and an adjustable hemmer. I can't tell for sure if the rufflers (top row) on the right are for low, high or slant shank. The top clamp attachments may be hard to identify as to which machine they are for. It appears that all the top clamp attachment are for the same machine. There are a two binders and two edge sttichers that need an adapter, which I believe is in the last photo.

Again, I can't tell which shank for the tuckers (on top row) in the second photo.. For the edge stitchers the one on the bottom left would need the adapter, Moving up, the next would be for a top clamp and I believe the back one would be a low shank. The various hemmers in the center would be similar as far as shank height, adapter and top clamp. The squiggly shape item is a shirring plate for use with rufflers, perhaps the top clamp. The item on the far right is a feed dog cover for a buttonholer.

In the third photo, the far left center are a couple of bias gauge guide, to put on scissors to supposedly cut even width strips. The items on the upper left are another shirring plate and a few underbraiders. It looks like the adapter for the previously mentioned for many of the feet is on its side with a blued spring facing up in the middle near the top. The curled piece above it, I thought it might be a thread cutter, but doesn't look large enough to go on the presser bar. Next, on top, looks to be a spool pin. On the top right are a couple of low shank straight stitch feet and an adjustable zipper foot next to the little screwdriver. Below the adjustable zipper foot are a couple of what appear to be low shank puffing or gathering feet. The other are various size hemmers for top clamp and the ones that need the adapter. There is a doughnut shaped piece of metal that I have no idea of what it is or what it could be used for.

A list of the dimensions for top clamp feet can be found at https://www.treadleon.net/library/topclampingfeet.pdf From my understanding there are some that while the 'fork' will fit a machine the distance to the needle can be different. Consequently, it may be hard to identify which machine they belong to. Possibly the underbraiders and shirring plate may give some indication, but I can't identify by looking at them.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)