Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I've lost a block.  How can this happen? >

I've lost a block. How can this happen?

I've lost a block. How can this happen?

Old 09-27-2019, 08:00 AM

I pinned the block to my curtain above my sewing machine...when I put the quilt together I couldn't find the block. I made a new block and later looked up and BOOM, there was my missing block!!! Haha!
Kirsten
Old 09-27-2019, 10:20 AM

I had a block held for ransom by some “friends “. Payment was 2 non consecutive 1 dollar bills. I have some wicked friends.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Yes, that is my avatar; Bootsie the tuxedo Maine Coon. She was sitting there, but she does not play with fabric. Good thought. I think that is why we keep pets, so we can blame them.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:38 AM

So now I've made the missing block again and I am going through the quilt sewing the rows together. So far no extra block. I put the potato chip bag on top of the frig. I only had that on the first floor.

I did lose two ink cartridges once for several months. Then on a trip to the freezer in the garage, I spied a bag that didn't look quite right. Yep! There were the ink cartridges controlled by the temperature.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:52 AM

I lost a block. I have a piece cut out of my sewing table where my sewing machine fits in so it sits flush with my table. I had taken my sewing machine to a class and then next time I took my machine out, I found the block stuck down under there.

Watson
Old 09-27-2019, 11:17 AM

I don't have any ideas that haven't already been mentioned - just wanted to tell you I think your quilt is gorgeous.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:20 AM

Too bad you couldn't make another one out a coordinating fabric and call the quilt " Odd man out".
Old 09-27-2019, 11:38 AM

Somebody was hungry and took a bite out of your delicious quilt! It is beautiful. Hope you find that rogue block. Maybe she joined another quilt party...
Old 09-27-2019, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I've lost a block before, but I have always found it eventually. My question is, why make the quilts before the class? My brain can't wrap itself around that. I do understand that the fun of a Bonnie Hunter is, well, Bonnie Hunter. And sometimes it is easier to have fun in a class if you already know what you're doing, so I could see making a block or two before class. But routinely making a couple of full quilts before taking a class? You are taking over achievement to its limit. And your quilt on the design wall is gorgeous!
Old 09-27-2019, 12:13 PM

Thanks Dunster. It's not just quilting. If I were taking Mycology one semester, I would audit the class the year before. If I learn anything in class it will be from her correcting me on better ways to do it.

I cut the whole thing on the Accuquilt. I ready take Parkinsons medication and I have sliced off a large portion, which did not get sewn back on, of my left index finger. Besides, the second time I do it, it seems to sink in better.

I've taken everyone's advice and folded all the fabric again. But when I looked through the trash I realized that I had taken out the bag that an been in there and replaced it with a fresh bag, about a day before the count on the blocks went haywire. So I either threw it out or miscounted.