Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What does your Member name mean? >

What does your Member name mean?

What does your Member name mean?

Old 09-28-2019, 09:12 AM

Mine isn't very clever either. Years ago I was registering for a cross stitch forum and Tish05 came up as available, so I just accepted it. I'm not inventive at all, so that was just easier than trying to create something more unique and I've always gone by Tish instead of my actual name Patricia, because you often get called Pat and my father and younger brother (and an uncle, and a cousin) are all called Pat. Apparently my family also isn't very inventive when it comes to naming their children .

Watson, your horse is a beaut, and having Sherlock and Watson is awesome! I used to have an arabian years ago. When I was horse shopping, his name was Revenue, and I worked for Revenue Canada (now Canada Revenue Agency) during my working career, so I knew it was meant to be.

It is really interesting reading how people come up with their names. Thanks for this thread!
Old 09-28-2019, 09:26 AM

My professional job was a nurse in Infection Control and Prevention. A very good friend nurse and lawyer for the hospital always called our month Infection Control meetings, Bug Patrol and referred to me as the Bug Lady. Many of my professional friends also refer to me at Bug Lady. I will admit that some nurses in the rehab hospital referred to me as "Attila of the Bun" as I had very long hair that I always wore up a bun at the hospital. I much prefer Bug Lady.

Thanks for asking. Karen
Old 09-28-2019, 10:24 AM

Snooze2978..........when I went to work on midnights as a CSI tech for a police dept. I kept falling asleep on those nights that were slow. My partner in those days would do all sorts of tricks on me..........tie my shoe laces, if I had a book in my lap he'd turn it upside down, etc. Anyway, he knick named me Snooze and it just stuck. His kids even introduced me to their friends as Snooze and they knew exactly who that was. The 2978 was my employee number at the time. I've since retired from that job but just kept the name. Even had my license plate as Snooze back then.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:03 AM

Real name is Cheryl. When I was born, my uncle had wife. daughter, sister, and then I show up. My uncle was supposedly to have said another she she. I was called CheeChee by everybody except school teachers. My grands and gr grands, classmates at 60 yr class reunions, and the neighbors all call me CheeChee.
I really love Watson the beautiful horse!!
Old 09-28-2019, 11:28 AM

North Buena Vista is the name of the little town I live in but everyone calls it Buenie. So I am Bueniebabe
Old 09-28-2019, 11:52 AM

I love doing most all crafts my name is Patricia everyone calls me Pat my DD came up with the Crafty Pat when I was trying to think of a name when I joined.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

I had an old user name of something like GmaTess and wasn't allowed to use it due to someone else having same so I went with tessagin and just shortened the again to 'agin'
Old 09-28-2019, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie- my name is Lynn, and close friends call me Lynnie
Old 09-28-2019, 02:48 PM

Well, mine is a little different. It's a combination of my name & truck number. I drove an 18-wheeler for 20 years, owned the truck, leased it on to the company I worked for for 20 years & that was my truck number.
Watson, your steed is gorgeous!
Old 09-28-2019, 03:11 PM

Mine is from an old Sioux medicine man I knew in South Dakota. He has since gone on his journey home.