Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Geese in the Mountain Garden >

Geese in the Mountain Garden

Geese in the Mountain Garden

Old 10-14-2019, 12:16 PM

Default Geese in the Mountain Garden

Is it still possible to get a pattern that was in Quilters Newsletter Magazine? Specifically, I was looking for a pattern called Geese in the Mountain Garden by Barbara Lies from the Apr/May 2009 issue. There are/were some paper piecing patterns online for part of the center medallion. There were some additional patterns and instructions online once upon a time. Please let me know if anyone has ever made this quilt or has any idea how to get the patterns.
This should be something easily printable.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

You can buy that issue of the magazine here - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quilters-Ne...ss!92532!US!-1
Old 10-14-2019, 01:51 PM

Pretty quilt.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:49 AM

Gorgeous quilt pattern....but so much work. Would take a year to do it for me even if I concentrated on nothing else.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Claire123 View Post
Is it still possible to get a pattern that was in Quilters Newsletter Magazine? Specifically, I was looking for a pattern called Geese in the Mountain Garden by Barbara Lies from the Apr/May 2009 issue. There are/were some paper piecing patterns online for part of the center medallion. There were some additional patterns and instructions online once upon a time. Please let me know if anyone has ever made this quilt or has any idea how to get the patterns.
This should be something easily printable.
I found a pattern with that name by Eleanor Burns but couldn't find one with Barbara Lies' name.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:36 PM

Thank you everyone for your input.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:36 AM

I bought that magazine because of this quilt too. When the magazine came out, in the online thread, it was asked if she was going to make an actual pattern, and she said it would be too hard, take too much time, and would need to sell for too much. the magazine showed how to make the geese. I believe, if I am remembering correctly, the corners are Delectable Mountain blocks. The binding is very similar to a technique that Sharon Schamber has a video for at https://sharonschamber.com/products/corded-binding All the technique and block pieces are available - you just get to figure it out! Good luck. Be sure to show us your masterpiece. Funny, I was just telling someone about this today, and decided to look up a pic to share and found this thread. Also, often libraries will give you copies of magazine pages, if you know the issue (which you do) and the article title.