Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So Fine Thread >

So Fine Thread

So Fine Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post

The next quilting t-shirt I get will be "It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out".
_ _ _ _ _ _ . . . . .

I would buy that shirt, lol.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:46 PM

It's a real thing! Do a search on funny t-shirts for quilters.

I have a nice rainbow sewing machine "Quilting is my Therapy" (I chose that over "I quilt because choking people is frowned upon" even though they mean basically the same thing...) and the other one looks all pretty and flowery but says "It's ok if you think sewing is stupid, it's sort of a smart people hobby".

And today I got a flier that does give me a free pass to the expo thing. I know the ladies in my quilting group are going to go, and I've been thinking about Kai scissors ever since last year...

It's a good thing I'm in the Fabric moratorium and not the thread, t-shirts and notions moratorium!
Old 11-03-2019, 08:19 PM

I have used for both. So fine is very nice for piecing
Old 11-04-2019, 04:23 AM

I use So Fine and Bottom Line on my longarm and Aurifil 50wt for piecing
Old 11-04-2019, 05:57 PM

I use So Fine and Bottom Line in the LA.. BL only in bobbin and SF mainly to quilt with unless it matches backing for bobbin. I have never used either of these for piecing. I have used left over BL from the bobbin(LA) to finish binding. I have a friend who used SF for piecing and she said it melted under a hot iron. And to look at her ironing board, she would know! She now uses Aurifil, which I have never used. I can get almost a cone of BL for the cost of a spool of A. I do have some now because M* had a special a few months ago where it averaged out to $7 a spool including shipping. I haven't used it though.
I guess I'm one of the few who does not care for Glide. I own a few cones of it and will use it, but it's not my favorite. My first experience with it was when it first came out and I needed a particular shade of purple that they had and I also needed purple for the bobbin.So I bought the prewounds for the bobbin. I still have more than half of the bobbins and almost a full cone of the other. Now that they make their bobbin thread in 60 wt. I would use it if I could get it locally. I can't find any of the threads I use for LA ing locally. That's why I try to sort of stock up with Superior at the shows.