Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Q'Nique 15R with Continuum Frame question about Rear handles >

Grace Q'Nique 15R with Continuum Frame question about Rear handles

Grace Q'Nique 15R with Continuum Frame question about Rear handles

Old 11-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Default Grace Q'Nique 15R with Continuum Frame question about Rear handles

I have purchased a Grace Q'Nique 15r,waiting for the Continuum frame to arrive. I have a question about using the rear handles. I have not purchased them yet, but if I want to use the rear handles, I know the rear handles don't come with an extra display, but will the handles work if I don't move the display? The thought of moving from front to back and moving that little display board time and again does not appeal to me for using pantos. I would want to be able to use the handles to start and stop, but would like to be able to also use the handles on the front if I need to realign or pull up bobbin threads, etc.

Simply put, can I use front or rear handles regardless of which location the display board is at?
Old 11-18-2019, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

I am not familiar with this machine but I am assuming by display you mean the little screen on the front that displays your current setting like SPI for the regulator, needle up down, if you are in manual mode or SR mode etc. My LA (Innova) has the touch screen up front that controls my stitch regulator. Once I set it there really is no reason to keep it in view, especially if you are doing a panto from the back. Even working from the front I am looking at what I am doing not at the display. You should have start stop buttons on both sets of handles and that is really all you need when doing a panto. So leave the display where it is and order the back handles too so you can do pantos if you want. You will quickly learn the sounds of your machine and will know from the sound if you have a thread break or ran out of bobbin thread. Edited to add I do walk around to the front to pull up my bobbin thread if I am working from the back. I also have to walk back around to the front for thread breaks and bobbin changes. I can't access the bobbin area from the back and I don't know of any LA where you can.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-18-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:14 PM

I have this same system and yes, you can use the rear handles without moving the screen. I don't use my rear hands now as I have added Quilt Motion but they are still there if I want to use them.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:32 AM

Thanks for your responses. I can't wait to get my system set up. Waiting on frame to arrive.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:01 AM

I too have the same setup and as Ginaky said, Yes, the rear handles will still work with the display plugged into the front of the machine.

However I would recommend for a while at least, switch the display to the rear, at least until you "remember" which buttons do what, and get into the habit of checking your stitch length (especially after basting) before you start quilting - I will usually do a few stitches off to the side of the top to make sure I remembered to change the length.

Congratulations on your new machine, have fun, and can't wait to see what you create with it!
Old 11-25-2019, 05:45 AM

Thank you for your responses. Having access to the knowledge that you ladies have is awesome, what a great support system. I have my new frame set up and have started practicing. I think I'm in love. Do any of you have the ruler base and ruler feet? That's my next project, learning to use the rulers. Any suggestions on which ones you like the best or use the most?
Old 11-25-2019, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Ruler base came with my machine and the standard closed toe foot was also the ruler foot. That has now changed for my brand but my standard foot is still fine for doing ruler work, the new standard feet aren't as thick so new owners must purchase a ruler foot. I love the look of ruler work and I do a lot of it in addition to free motion.