2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-16-2019, 06:36 PM

I did not track in/out of stash yardage, however, I Really focused on my bolts of fabric and used quite a bit for different backings. With my stuff in storage for 6 mos, I ended up purchasing stuff I knew I had in stash but no access so I'm calling exempt for that stuff.....but.....I did purchase stuff that I had no plans for "just because" about 3-4 times, I think. Not excessive but still...
Old 11-17-2019, 01:34 PM

At comfort quilts, I'm known for unusual fabric combinations that work. So I brought home 4 packages, added some of my own and kitted cut fabrics and patterns. I may just do this with some of my own stash. I've got a deadline looming for reducing my stash. Writing this down has given me more incentive to use another fabric from stash rather than go buy something that may/maynot be better.

Yesterday, got a log cabin planned and the squares are now 10 1/2". just 1 more round to 14 1/2" and then put squares together for the top. This is ~7 1/2yds out of stash. 56" x 84" for the women's shelter.

Another faric combination hanges on the wall. It'll be about the same size.

Making progress
Old 11-19-2019, 08:35 PM

tonight I finished 1 fleece scarf 2 fleece blankets 3 bags and 4 burp rags. All from stash. Also finished 30 stockings over the weekend and some other small projects. I also have done some organizing of the sewing room and when I come across a piece that is just the right size for a bag and other project and not a piece that would work in a bigger project then I use it up.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:33 PM
Power Poster

I'm torn. The shop just got in some luscious Kim Diehl fabric in navy and pink. Oh boy am I tempted as I have no plans for any of this if I buy it and I have so many projects planned as well in UFO stages! But it's just gorgeous fabric for this gal.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:16 PM

It will be around for quite a while, whether in shop or on line. Why not wait a month and see if you are still tempted then?
Old 11-20-2019, 02:07 PM

Well, a couple weeks ago I saw a new precut that I fell in love with, I forget the name of it, but it was echinacea and other lovely flowers. I fought the urge to buy it. Then when my friend came for a few days of sewing, we went to pick up my sewing machine and look for backing for one of my quilts. We went to Goods and while looking for backing I happened to see the coveted layer cake, and lo and behold they had all the yardage of the collection. It turns out the flowers are all huge, like 6" big, plus bumblebees that were about 2". I am highly allergic to bees, so no fabric enters this house with bees on it, especially giant bees. The moral is, all is not as it seems. I am so glad I didn't buy that layer cake. So, rethinking a purchase is a smart thing to do. If it is meant to be, it will be where you are at the right moment.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
It will be around for quite a while, whether in shop or on line. Why not wait a month and see if you are still tempted then?
My boss said she was going to order another bolt of the one piece...we thought we could split it......just kidding.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:39 AM

Well, girls, I caved. That's what happens when I am sick and housebound..... have to shop. I ordered the new Lynne Hagmaier collection, Milestones, a JR a LC. I have a lot of her yardage from over the years, so I will be making some sort of vintage quilt with it. That will be after the first of the year, but I imagine her collection won't be around for long.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-22-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 11-22-2019, 09:45 AM

I happens grann. You were just a week early. This year seems really early for sales etc. I have been resisting but its hard.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:47 AM

Ok, Grann, if you slip again I will have to give you a stern talking to. I suggest you keep away from any of the Black Friday and end of year clearance sales! I might have to get really harsh if you are offered a deal you just can't refuse. I mean, sometimes it's like they force you to buy stuff the deals are so good...

Hoping the car will be ready today, since it wasn't yesterday I had the hubby stop off at Joann and I picked up a bottle of Lemon Yellow Rit Dye. The fabric has been prepared and I am going to do one last batch of dying, and then I swear I'm done. Really! I am eventually going to stabilize the rest of the bag but I have other things I'd rather be doing, like working on the "next" project/cherry goose/still hasn't gotten a name project.