Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery >

Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Old 11-25-2019, 08:16 AM

I literally cannot imagine having the energy Bonnie has to do all that she does. <boggle>
Old 11-25-2019, 08:27 AM

I’m confused. Why does it matter if we mention in our post how many more we have to go if the clue with that information has already been released?

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
today's Bonnie Hunter blog post, just below the mittens photo, she lists her requests about sharing the mystery on-line, anywhere.
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2019...esnt-work.html

Interesting the move from linky to instagram. Not something I'm part of but I expect I'll be able to see the photos when she links to it.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:31 AM

I think it's to keep the mystery alive for those that are on different schedules. Too many of us have a pretty good idea of how something is going to turn out if we do know that we are making 75 9-patches or whatever, which is the reason she isn't releasing the die-cut information.

edit: Got called first thing this morning, they had cancellation for this afternoon so I will get the new water tank in today! I was going to go with hubby for bowling league night and that may still be possible. They couldn't give me a close arrival time, just sometime between noon and 6, or I could still with noon tomorrow. I took today!! Still haven't heard about the car, so I'm expecting it to be ready tomorrow too.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 11-25-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I’m confused. Why does it matter if we mention in our post how many more we have to go if the clue with that information has already been released?
Because it’s what she’s asking us to do, and I really think we need to respect her wishes. It’s her pattern, her efforts and her rules and at the end of the day, it’s her business. I totally get where she’s coming from, while the mystery is free for us that participate (per rules) for a limited time, I can assure you it’s not free for her to make or host and it does costs her time and money to do this for us.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:40 AM

I said I was confused and looking for help in understanding why she requested it. No where did I say in my post or imply, that I wasn’t going to honor her wishes. You sound like a “because I said so” kind of person. Very unhelpful.

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Because it’s what she’s asking us to do, and I really think we need to respect her wishes. It’s her pattern, her efforts and her rules and at the end of the day, it’s her business. I totally get where she’s coming from, while the mystery is free for us that participate (per rules) for a limited time, I can assure you it’s not free for her to make or host and it does costs her time and money to do this for us.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:43 AM

I think you are right. I have such limited experience that it will remain a mystery until the last seam.

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I think it's to keep the mystery alive for those that are on different schedules. Too many of us have a pretty good idea of how something is going to turn out if we do know that we are making 75 9-patches or whatever, which is the reason she isn't releasing the die-cut information.

edit: Got called first thing this morning, they had cancellation for this afternoon so I will get the new water tank in today! I was going to go with hubby for bowling league night and that may still be possible. They couldn't give me a close arrival time, just sometime between noon and 6, or I could still with noon tomorrow. I took today!! Still haven't heard about the car, so I'm expecting it to be ready tomorrow too.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:00 AM

Sometimes with email something might come across in a way that wasnt meant to. I dont think anyone here is trying to be unhelpful. In years past where we have participated there have been some that have crossed into an area that Bonnie has asked us not to and some of those who did got defensive when reminded that they were giving out clues as to what the mystery would be. This thread is now monitored more closely, ( it was last year) and last years mystery was just that, a mystery right up till the end. I am with you PamelaOry, even though I have done a few of these it will remain a mystery to me right up to the end.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:04 PM

Oops! that was supposed to be private!
Old 11-25-2019, 01:15 PM

Pamela - this is just a hunch but I wonder if the more people that "click" onto her website/blog the more she might be compensated by advertisers/sponsors? I could be far off but I often follow the flow of money and find (some of) the motivation behind the noise

Regardless of all the hush-hush that typically surrounds her mystery - I think she offers a fabulous (and free) opportunity to have fun and learn a lot! I loved making On Ringo Lake and it was an excellent experience for me - I hope you enjoy it as well!
Old 11-25-2019, 01:40 PM

I've edited my fabrics a bit and I think I've got it right. I may need a bit more contrast between my light and dark blues so it might be time to search my fat quarters.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	myfabrics2.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	620211