Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Id Vintage Sewing Machine 1897 >

Id Vintage Sewing Machine 1897

Id Vintage Sewing Machine 1897

Old 11-26-2019, 03:50 PM

Default Thank you!!

Thank you so much everyone! I just saw your responses today. (I guess you have to log in to see them where many blogs email you when there is a response.) What a wonderful, helpful community you are!
Old 11-27-2019, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Laurienov View Post
Thank you so much everyone! I just saw your responses today. (I guess you have to log in to see them where many blogs email you when there is a response.) What a wonderful, helpful community you are!
You can "subscribe" to a thread if you want to be notified when there is a reply posted. It's below the icons area.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 11-27-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:06 PM

I have the same machine! Mine has "Waltham" across the top where yours has come off. I have not been able to find out any more info either, it must be a rare machine. I have been trying to find a manual so I can order a few parts I need. If you ever find more info, please post here. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2020, 05:11 AM

Welcome, LadyJ. There were a lot of "badged" machines. That means the name on the machine is not the name of who made the machine. Free and Davis made machines that were badged as "Waltham." Things that help identify is location of spool pin, stitch length regulator, shape of needle plate and others.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Additionally, when I have tried to "insert" pictures, it will take a while even if it is just one picture, after clicking on the paperclip icon. (This is after you have hit the "Upload" button and closed that window.) You will see the "busy" icon at the top of the page or tab spinning for a while before it list the pictures that it will attach.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:08 AM

It’s a Rockford!
Old 11-29-2020, 08:45 AM

Hi bebers, Welcome to the board. Though there were machines made in Rockford , Il, I would suggest that you look at Janey's post.err our workbench right above yours.