Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need new sewing machine=which one? >

Need new sewing machine=which one?

Need new sewing machine=which one?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:23 AM

Some of the Bernina's have 2 different bobbin cases, one for regular sewing and I believe the other for embroidery. My 440 only has one. I believe that the new 830 has a larger capacity bobbin. Not a problem as long as you take the time to know your machine and learn when to use what bobbin.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:26 AM

I love my new Bernina. I spent a lot of time trying out new machines and the Bernina was the only I liked EVERY time I sat down at it. But I did sew on a Brother from Walmart for 9 years, and it held me in good stead. I was just ready for something with more options and better FMQ results. So look for what is best for you and try them all out multiple times. For me, the cost was worth it for the Bernina, since it just fit me unlike any of the other machines I looked at (Pfaff, Viking & Janome).
Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 AM

Hi. I have never had a Bernina, but I do have a Janome and LOVE it!!!

I would agree that you should buy the machine with what you want. Do not pay more for something you would not use.
I bought my Janome and LOVE it, but I wish I would have spent another $500 and got a few more gadgets on it.
But, just research what you are looking at and compare prices and look for specials. You will love it!!!
I have five sewing machines, an embroidery machine, and a serger and love them all for different reasons. I love the button holer on one and the stitch variations on another, so spend the most you can for the most you can get and you won't be sorry!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM

Hey KayM!
How much did they want for the Bernina830?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marla
Hey KayM!
How much did they want for the Bernina830?
the new one? it runs 10K
Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

i am considering the Brother 650Q, but i cant committ to buying it. I have a gut feeling inside of me that is telling me I wont like it.

I was considering an espire, but for 2 grand I can get a Bernina aurora with classes.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:20 PM

I'm also in this boat!!! Checking this out and that and soforth and so on. Trying to decide on a sewing/quilting or a sew/quilting/embroidery. I just spoke with someone that helped me decide I really didn't need embroidery at this time. That for me at this point I'm most interested in decorative stitching and it would probably be more for the future that I would be interested in something like that and I probably would prefer to have a stand alone embroidery so I could continue to do things while embroidery machine was doing its thing. He told me that Janome is introducing a new machine on May 12th and its suppose to be absolutely awesome!!!!!! On the lines of a 6600, but better! :-) Since my machine is still working I think I'm going to wait and check out this little gem before spending my money!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 PM

I am ready to see the new Janome to I have the 11000SE and a friend of mine has the 6600 on a quilting frame I can hardly wait to see what they have on the new one wish they would give us a hint like brother did with the quattro
Old 03-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I'm also in this boat!!! Checking this out and that and soforth and so on. Trying to decide on a sewing/quilting or a sew/quilting/embroidery. I just spoke with someone that helped me decide I really didn't need embroidery at this time. That for me at this point I'm most interested in decorative stitching and it would probably be more for the future that I would be interested in something like that and I probably would prefer to have a stand alone embroidery so I could continue to do things while embroidery machine was doing its thing. He told me that Janome is introducing a new machine on May 12th and its suppose to be absolutely awesome!!!!!! On the lines of a 6600, but better! :-) Since my machine is still working I think I'm going to wait and check out this little gem before spending my money!

I think I may wait also, however the new 6600 is gong to be Expensive.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM

But, that means last year's model will be cheap! So, waiting gets the best of both worlds! See the new one and have the option or get the old model for less! I'm looking to replace my 15 year old BASIC Singer some time later this year. I may need to convince DH to do it sooner than later!