Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Coffee pot clean up >

Coffee pot clean up

Coffee pot clean up

Old 12-03-2019, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
We have hard water and clean our coffee pot about every 6 months or else we sit waiting like anxious puppy dogs as our coffee trickles through, LOL. I think if mold would kill us we'd be dead 3 times now. Mild exposure to molds tweak our immune systems in a good way so that they're primed to fight real illness (full disclosure, I have a molecular biology degree, took a full quarter of immunology and feel what I'm saying is based on real science!).

Which reminds me...one of my guest professors told us about the "fecal veneer". The earth is covered in what amounts to a think layer of feces. We can never get away from germs. Our immune systems like this "friendly reminder" of the bad guys out there. https://www.thecut.com/2015/05/not-j...p-covered.html

It's a paradox, but people who live in "too clean" of a world are more prone to things like allergy and immune diseases. Of course, there are extremes.
^^^^^^^^What she said^^^^^^^^!
Old 12-07-2019, 06:58 PM

We have hard water and clean our coffee pot about every 6 months or else we sit waiting like anxious puppy dogs as our coffee trickles through, LOL. I think if mold would kill us we'd be dead 3 times now. Mild exposure to molds tweak our immune systems in a good way so that they're primed to fight real illness (full disclosure, I have a molecular biology degree, took a full quarter of immunology and feel what I'm saying is based on real science!).

Which reminds me...one of my guest professors told us about the "fecal veneer". The earth is covered in what amounts to a think layer of feces. We can never get away from germs. Our immune systems like this "friendly reminder" of the bad guys out there. https://www.thecut.com/2015/05/not-j...p-covered.html

It's a paradox, but people who live in "too clean" of a world are more prone to things like allergy and immune diseases. Of course, there are extremes.
So agree with this.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Claire123 View Post
Thank you Rhonda and Stitchnripper for mentioning about the restaurant inspection reports. I think I'm going to see if we have anything like that here.
Every week we have listings in our local newspaper telling which restaurants are checked and what their violations were. Makes you think twice before you head out to eat.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:44 PM

How interesting. My mother who was raised on farm in the midwest in the 20's and only had a high school degree always swore that a little dirt never hurt you and in fact could make you healthier. She was right! I don't get into all the antibacterial cleaners either. I use an all natural cleaner without the chemicals that the antibacterial cleaners have. I have a normally healthy immune system and I don't feel that I need the antibacterial cleaners and may even be harming myself and the environment by using them.