Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you quilting goals for 2020? >

What are you quilting goals for 2020?

What are you quilting goals for 2020?

Old 12-20-2019, 03:46 AM

2020 goals: Complete fall art quilt I started in a class Nov. before last.
Make Christmas quilts for 2 sons..before Christmas using Fireside fleece as backing.
Participate in our guilds 2020 challenge. I always learn new things doing a challenge.
Make a Christmas table runner that I have purchased a kit with pattern and fabric
Try to do something quilty daily (ie read mags, listen to podcasts, organize fabrics, plan next step in a
project and most of all enjoy the process of quilting and not hurry through a project.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:25 AM

Everyone is so organized. My goal of getting Windows 10 on the main computer was accomplished yesterday. Also completed in 2019 was the complete organization of the kitchen. Everything out, sorted, and inside cupboards painted white. That really felt good.

Main quilting goal for 2020 will be to adhere to the fabric moratorium. Reduce the stash, not add to it.

Thanks tallchick for starting this thread. Focusing on a goal keeps organization on the front burner.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:29 AM

Trying to keep it simple enough to achieve and with wiggle room for unexpected "pop-up" projects.

2020 Goals:
One new quilt per month with minimal purchase of new fabric (AKA Backing)
Finish one UFO per month.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:54 AM

I want to continue using stash to create. I can see the difference finally.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:04 AM

I am definitely goal oriented and will begin 2020 by turning my scraps into donation quilt tops for battered women. I made 19 last year and a church group of ladies finish them. I have 2 quilts I want to make...1( The Raven and 2j Omigosh.

I still am working on a lap quilt with 3 1/2” churn dashes. I hope to finish that top after my family leaves after Christmas.

I also have some Log Cabin blocks I bought at an auction and I will put those together.

I will continue to sew from my stash which seems to grow and will try to part with some of that.

I was in a “Stash Buster” group at a favorite LQS for about 2 years until they closed last year������. I really did get more organized and I am working hard to keep up that momentum.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:34 AM

As I didn't get all my quilts quilted this year or finished putting together the ones I'd started, I'm hoping next year will be better. RIght now I have a baby quilt on the frame that has me in a bind as I'm using a different batting that has cause me tension issues. Thought it was my machine but after careful checking on every aspect of the machine, talking with my dealer, changing out things, resetting tension to factory setting, etc. it's come to my thinking its my batting and not my machine. My goal is to at least finish this little quilt before the year is out as the baby is due in January. I'm having roter cup surgery in early January so I'll be out of commission for a couple months, then the garden will need tending so I have my plate full. Right now I have 12 quilt tops hanging ready to be quilted, 5 quilt tops started to be made into blocks and assembled and 2 table runners started. That's a lot to try to finish up by the end of 2020 but that's my goal. So far I've only bought a couple fat qts to finish a quilt this year and since I didn't get the quilt tops finished I'd started I'm going for another year of no fabric buying. I still have 5 projects on the shelf with their fabrics picked out so its not like I'll need to buy more fabrics. It hasn't been a hardship for me except looking at the new fabrics has tested my willpower from time to time.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:00 AM

osewme when you do a spread the way you are talking about doing yours does it need to be quilted pretty heavily?

Last edited by linmid; 12-20-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:05 AM

Get 2 grandkids bed quilts for their new beds
make a bed runner for myself
finish up 2 quilts in progress for myself...
Old 12-20-2019, 07:09 AM

For 2020 I plan to continue using my stash, try to only buy batting and backing (I've used all but one piece of backing). Finish piecing one top and get the last UFO quilted. Get the utility room/pantry organized, paint and rip up carpet in my sewing room and bedroom.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:16 AM

Thank you so much for starting this thread---
My goals are-

1. organize and put fabrics together by colors.
2. purge fabrics I no long like or need (I box up fabrics and give to Project Linus) I feel they go to a good cause and can
be used for children in need
3. organize and purge patterns (I usually print out too many of the same)
4. work on UFO'S

And this does not pertain to sewing but I want to write all of my recipes out and put in a recipe box. I have recipes in all sizes and don't use even half of them.