Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here >

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Old 12-31-2019, 03:44 PM

Just out of curiosity Patrice, why did we change? I’m assuming there is a good reason for it.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:12 PM

I understand that the ads are what pays for the forum to be free, which we all appreciate. The smaller font is not a good thing. I understand about changing the screen display, but then when I go to any other page, the display is huge - I'm not one to want to constantly have to adjust/change just to read a few posts.
I am hopeful that admin is monitoring our comments (who am I kidding, they always monitor us - in a good way) and collecting feedback to tweak the new format.to a more acceptable user friendly format.
It's very hard to differentiate which posts you've read vs which are new - the change in type isn't very distinguishable. And as others have noted, the teal colour doesn't seem to work well.

Last edited by GEMRM; 12-31-2019 at 04:14 PM. Reason: add information
Old 12-31-2019, 04:20 PM

While I can’t speak for quiltingboard, I do work in IT and can guarantee that in over 20 years of supporting systems, no one has ever upgraded/changed a website just “because”. It’s a pain. As Patrice said they had to change the version of VB. Normally this is because the older technology or version is no longer supported by the creator of the technology which means no more security patches and if there are issues they won’t help to resolve them anymore. Newer browser versions such as MS Edge and Chrome May not work with older technology and if you don’t get security updates then the websites are vulnerable to unethical individuals trying to access our information. Upgrades in technology are sometimes painful as the newer version just don’t work the same way anymore. It sounds like there are people working to resolve the issues for things that do not work. I am Sure those people like to get paid and the ads that we despise generate the revenue that pays them. I for one appreciate that they are working over the holidays and that the forums are still alive and free to us. We may just need to be patient while they get through the changes.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by northern lass View Post
Why does something that is working so well have to be changed?
I agree. "If it ain't broke, why fix it!" (And, no way to increase size of text?)
Old 12-31-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I, too, miss the change in color. I have found, though, that unread threads are bold aqua and turn 'unbold' when read.
But I find the bold vs unbold isn't very distinctive - so I am trying to make my brain look to the left where the envelope changes....
Old 12-31-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by vadalia View Post
Hopefully the font color will be changed but, in the meantime, for those having difficulty with the contrast you can hold down CTRL while hitting "A". This will "select" everything on the page which (entirely incidentally) highlights it in dark blue and thus provides more contrast. I use that trick a lot when my eyes get tired after staring at a computer screen all day.
Now that's a neat trick I learned today! Thanks! It is very helpful. I don't like enlarging the QB screen because then all my other pages are over-large when I migrate to them....
Old 12-31-2019, 04:49 PM

I only just found the new format and am totally surprised. Was there any announcement of the coming of this change? Isn't there or wasn't there a period of "running the new parallel with the old"?
PatriceJ is saying this is temporary. Does that mean there is hope some of our issues will be solved such as too small font and pictures?
I hope so. I would hate to lose my access to a usable board.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:06 PM

Default New Format

Don't understand why this change in the Quilting Board. What wasn't working in the previous format?
Old 12-31-2019, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Post Constructive Input and Questions About the New Format Here

I am merging all previous threads into one.
New threads that ask old questions will also get merged into this thread.

New threads with new questions or constructive input will stand alone for approximately 24 hours before being merged.

This nonsense of failure to read what has already been asked and answered (or as close to answered as I can get) has to stop. One cannot sift through the clutter to get the important information.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

I am being automatically logged out and can't even get one sentence typed.