Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Solids - What & where to buy? >

Solids - What & where to buy?

Solids - What & where to buy?

Old 12-31-2019, 09:31 PM

Thank you so much! I am now poorer but happier. Settled on Kona from fabric.com. Got some pre-cuts on sale which gave me my own color chart - I'm going to save some scraps for future reference. Also, black, snow, silver, bone & sand - these I know I'll use. Now, it's after midnight, my pumpkin has arrived and I begin a new adventure with new friends in the hread!! Happy New Year to all.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2020 at 03:27 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 12-31-2019, 09:34 PM

I like Marshall's too - and much of the time for solids I get the wide backing fabric. So far have never been disappointed. I also order from Fabric.com. But you do need to watch their fabric content. I have noted they sometimes mix their fabrics - meaning there are stretch fabrics, blended fabrics and others mixed into the cotton fabric.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:56 AM

Fabricshack.com has a good price and you can order smaller cuts - very reasonable shipping also
Old 01-01-2020, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I like the same ones that you mentioned. I don't seem to use solids a lot though. Not sure why.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:25 AM

I buy the by colour not brand. I have Kona, Bella, Bountiful (Craftsy brand) Connecting Threads etc.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:26 AM

The LQS close to me carries Northcott's Colorworks Premium Solids - The price is reasonable & I love the feel, quality and weight of them. They carry a variety of colors/shades and are terrific to work with. I have never had a problem with it. I wish that the shop close to me carried more than she has but I understand that they can't have everything. There is a shop about 2 hrs away from me that carries more of the line so if I need something I just call them and they quickly send it in the mail to me.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:47 PM

Another vote for dream cotton from Marshall's. Can't beat the quality , price or service! I have found a couple of times in the past that they have been out of or low on a color, just call them, sometimes their deliveries are faster than their updates !