2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-02-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I have a bunch of fabric kitted up too, will have to count how many. I also found some projects that need to be completed for one reason or another. The backings will come from the stash. I am looking forward to keeping track of fabric in and fabric out. I must be especially good for the next couple months because in April I am going on a bus trip with 50 like-minded women to Paducah and to Hamilton, Missouri with several stops between to check out fabric shops around the country. I am hoping there will be some exemption for such trips. Like, I never go anywhere all year so I should have fun on this trip. Or, the bus makes stops, and I need to get some exercise walking around stores. Or, maybe, the credit card is having withdrawal symptoms.
Hey Grann - Yes, there is a travel exemption. If you are traveling then any fabric purchase is exempt from the moratorium. So you are good to go for your trip in April! Have fun.

Rob
Old 01-02-2020, 07:00 PM

I’m jumping on board again this year. I had great intentions last year but somewhere around April... I jumped off the train and curled up under a pile of fabric... I may or may not have stuck my fingers in my ears while muttering “train.... what train... I don’t hear a train”. Hopefully this year I can at least make it to June....
Old 01-02-2020, 07:10 PM

Thanks, Rob, didn't realize that. Can I use that exemption for today when my friends took me out to our LQS near Lancaster? My DD gave me a gift card, but it was from last year, so I felt it necessary to use it today. So I got 8 1/2 yards of black Moda marbles, 4 yards of ivory Grunge, and 4 yards of off white Miniature Gatherings. They will come in handy to fill out the stash fabric for the next few quilts. You can never have too many blenders, or sashing fabric.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by LarasAussies View Post
I’m jumping on board again this year. I had great intentions last year but somewhere around April... I jumped off the train and curled up under a pile of fabric... I may or may not have stuck my fingers in my ears while muttering “train.... what train... I don’t hear a train”. Hopefully this year I can at least make it to June....

Omg, thanks for the laugh. I think I was in denial part of the year. I'm glad I was in good company.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Omg, thanks for the laugh. I think I was in denial part of the year. I'm glad I was in good company.
Judith, what’s that saying “denial is not just a river in Egypt”? But if it was a river do you think we could use the travel exemption when we visited? I swear we can use my stash to make a tent big enough to live under. there would be room enough for both of us and probably 50 of our closest friends.

argh... note to self.... you are supposed to REMAIN ON THE TRAIN!!

I promise I’m a work in progress.... is there a remedial program?
Old 01-02-2020, 09:45 PM

For 2020, I started using Asian fabrics from my stash. Todays project was ~20 large rectangles I'd cut years ago for a King Spread. Sure didn't estimate yardage incorrectly. So far it's 5 used. Maybe the rest can go on the back.

So many Asian fabrics are large prints-in my stash anyway. I may need to BUY (scarry) some fabric to coordinate.

Our friendship circle started today after hiatis in December. Sure have missed them. Went out to lunch.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:51 AM

Petthefabric, I'll also be using a lot of Asian fabrics with my metallic collection. One of the projects will be narrowed to only "gold embellished Asian prints" but that will still leave a lot left. Trying to think of one more top that is mostly metallic fabrics...
Old 01-03-2020, 08:01 AM

I was just gifted with a JR that is in autumn colors of Golds, oranges, etc. and i see that it has metallic accents. Will have to fighre out what to do with it, as I am not much of a metallic lover. Maybe i can use that off white dotty fabric i just got from Bluprint that has tiny gold metallic dots all over it.

Just got the new Connecting Threads catalog with so many tempting things in it. It may have to hit the trash bin before I weaken.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by LarasAussies View Post
Judith, what’s that saying “denial is not just a river in Egypt”? But if it was a river do you think we could use the travel exemption when we visited? I swear we can use my stash to make a tent big enough to live under. there would be room enough for both of us and probably 50 of our closest friends.

argh... note to self.... you are supposed to REMAIN ON THE TRAIN!!

I promise I’m a work in progress.... is there a remedial program?
lol, I am so there with you. We will stay on the train. If we keep saying it, Hopefully, it Will happen.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I was just gifted with a JR that is in autumn colors of Golds, oranges, etc. and i see that it has metallic accents. Will have to fighre out what to do with it, as I am not much of a metallic lover. Maybe i can use that off white dotty fabric i just got from Bluprint that has tiny gold metallic dots all over it.

Just got the new Connecting Threads catalog with so many tempting things in it. It may have to hit the trash bin before I weaken.
Hey, (lol) I didn't get my CT catalog. Maybe that's a good thing. I will stay on the train, I will stay on the train.

I hope your blueprint fabric matches.