Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 01-02-2020, 08:54 AM

Happy New Year, y'all!

I started out so well last year - I had most of my yardage on comic book boards and had measured it all too boot. Yay!

Then all I had to do was keep it up!

Narrator: She did not keep it up.

Ha! Things went to heck towards the end of the year and right now I am dealing with approximately 6-10 projects intermingled in a pile of stuff I move from place to place when I need to do anything. Sigh.

Back onto the horse for 2020. : )
Old 01-02-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Elinore View Post
My goal is to finally get everything off the floor in my sewing room. I have already destashed and reorganized all my cuts of fabric larger than a fat quarter and they are all folded and nice on the shelves. I found a place downstairs for the AccuQuilt and the dies (and cleaned up and organized the laundry room.) I have put most WIPs in their own box. I also made a list of WIPs as I find them! I still need to organize the FQs - and I have no idea where I will put them as the shelves are pretty full. I guess there are worse problems!!
I have found cd storage works very well for FQs - Ikea carries one that is over 6 feet high and can be put together in sets. I've also found nice ones via Craigslist and at various resale shops. They also don't take up much floor space. I have over 100 yds worth of FQs (yikes! maybe I should use some one day?) and this keeps them organized and still visible.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:07 AM

After washing layers of dust off of it yesterday, today, I will be reassembling a vintage rolltop desk that I got from the basement of my parent's house. It will be my new work surface for all things creative and replace the simple table I had. I hope to make good use of the drawer space as well.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LifeLovePassion View Post
After washing layers of dust off of it yesterday, today, I will be reassembling a vintage rolltop desk that I got from the basement of my parent's house. It will be my new work surface for all things creative and replace the simple table I had. I hope to make good use of the drawer space as well.
And you can just drop the rolltop down and cover the creative "mess"!
Old 01-03-2020, 07:33 PM

Happy New Years, Organizers! Thank you, Rob, for starting the new thread.

My 2020 goal is to cut scraps as soon as quilts are completed. This is what I did over New Years...I had 3-4 quilt scraps piled up so it felt great to get those done. I, also, need to tackle a couple of small totes of scraps I stored scraps in when I first started quilting....before I learned to cut them up in the sizes I wanted to keep handy.

non-related to quilting:. I need to reframe family pictures, sell or give away old frames, and print updated pictures of family members... I am woefully behind in adding new members to my family picture wall..

Good luck, everyone!,
Old 01-03-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Lol...This is so true....Since moving, I started using my roll top for my computer/office work and sold our computer desk. Just roll that puppy down and file later. Lol...
Old 01-04-2020, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Lol...This is so true....Since moving, I started using my roll top for my computer/office work and sold our computer desk. Just roll that puppy down and file later. Lol...
I love that feature and had one once. I just didn't like facing the wall... my desk faces out into the room. I've yet to master keeping it neat.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:54 AM

QuiltnNan- Yay- the picture showed up. looks like you’ve got plenty of scraps to keep you busy! Thanks for working so hard to get the pic situation sorted.

for this month, I'm focussing on baby steps rather than setting huge organizing goals. One or two things a day seems like a doable commitment and helps prevent getting overwhelmed!

So, yesterday I spent some time updating my studio notebook- I listed all my UFOs (that I know of) and then made up my January to do page. While doing that I realized that a couple of WIPs that had been languishing on the guest bed had in fact languished for nearly a year without any progress being made. They are now listed as UFOs and today I am going to pack them up and put them in the box with my other UFOs. That will clear off the guest bed and help declutter my mind since I will not be distracted by seeing them every time I walk into my studio.

My other goal for today is to clean up the craftermath left from finishing DGD’s 21st birthday quilt. this should be easy! It involves cleaning and putting away 1 die and tossing scraps into my scrap basket.

That’s my baby steps for today- but they will make a big difference in my space.

are you working on baby steps or big stuff?

Rob

Old 01-04-2020, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
QuiltnNan- Yay- the picture showed up. looks like you’ve got plenty of scraps to keep you busy! Thanks for working so hard to get the pic situation sorted.
Yes, Rob. I had been trying different 'copy and paste' methods and they just weren't working. So I gave in and used the Attachment method. Thanks
Old 01-04-2020, 09:52 PM

Rob...I did the big stuff when I packed to move. I highly recommend moving every 5 years...lolololol.... My hope is to stay organized....so I'm making baby steps every day to keep organized and clutter free. I have more sewing space so I'm a bit worried I'll fill every nook and cranny...