2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-14-2020, 09:55 AM

Tohkatz, I put in pictures pretty much how I always did but I usually have an extra step because I'm using an old school camera and not a smart phone, so my first step is to go to this site to reduce the file size of the photos:
https://www.reduceimages.com/
I do that first and download them to my computer through that site. It doesn't do much, but it reduces my pictures and doesn't set off my virus scanners.

Then I start out typing in the Quick Reply box. When done, I click on Go Advanced, and find the Manage Attachments button in the middle of stuff, it doesn't stick out -- look for it! It's a quick click to go into Downloads.

Once you are in the attach file screen though, it defaults to the old vertical layout. The actual button you need is way to the far right, I have to stretch my window to find it.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:55 AM

Thanks Iceblossom, I'm goning to try this.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
here is how I kit my planned quilts. I usually have a precut in mind that I want to use,then find a pattern that I like for it. Then i cut all the pieces and put each section in a baggie lettered or numbered according to how it is used in the pattern, and then put it all in an artbin, and stack it on my cabinet in plain sight so I don't forget about. I also have several kits I have gotten, so I have them all cut and bagged. And since i dislike UFO's I make sure to see the project to completion, no unfinished tops stacked up. I prep the top for quilting and then stack the backing, batting, and top on a bed in the spare bedroom so they are ready and waiting to go on the longarm. Right now I have 2 ready to go. And I have 3 quilts to quilt for a friend, they are next after I finish my 2. this method is working well for me so far.
I'm impressed with how organized you are! It's not my gift. No wonder I have half-baked projects everywhere!
Old 01-15-2020, 01:25 AM

So like all of you in trying to work down stash...and not spend extra money .... And I find myself in a quandary. I have 2 projects going at the moment both using purple....and I went to get more from the scrap bin. And
1) I'm using a pale lavender for a youth churn dash...11 blocks completed..that's not going to be large enough!
2) I'm doing Bonnie Hunters "Daybreak" and all medium and deep purple scrappies for the square in squares. (I have some ombre teal yardage for the background - also stash)

So what say you- exception worthy? I'm thinking 2 FQ for the daybreak and half yard for the churn dash.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-15-2020 at 04:14 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-15-2020, 03:01 AM

If you need fabric to finish a project and you've already shopped your stash, you can get what you need with a free conscience.

Just try to keep it to what you need and don't go getting distracted over there in the reds or yellows!
Old 01-15-2020, 08:39 AM

Not totally sure how I did it but finally got a photo to post. WooHoo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	five star quilt.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	621819  
Old 01-15-2020, 09:53 AM

For the youth quilt, how many more blocks are you needing to make?
Old 01-15-2020, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tohkatz68 View Post
congrats, lovely quilt
Old 01-15-2020, 01:33 PM

Very pretty, Tohkatz68! Congrats on getting the photo to post.

Rob
Old 01-15-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by tohkatz68 View Post
So pretty!!!