Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery >

Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Old 01-16-2020, 04:10 PM

As I read the clues this year, my thought was that Bonnie is trying too hard to cover all the possibilities. Which makes reading the clues more confusing. Perhaps if she were to post the clue with what needs to be made then attach links for various methods? I don't know how best to do it, but I know she really does not like people complaining about it and as a result, she maybe has over compensated.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Linda your units are beautiful.
How were you able to post your pictures? I clicked on the image but it asks for a URL. I just want to post from my desktop. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:28 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Vagabond, you have a good point. I like to make my FG units 4 at a time, but managed to change for these geese. Glad I did, because some of the geese do not have the same fabric in the triangle units. Also, keeping track of the two different types of sets was a trifle tedious. I only managed that by reading carefully, more than once, clues 7 and 8, combining those for the pinwheels, then just combined those left. Must have counted ten times—need X pinwheel sets and Y non pinwheel sets. Everyone, just remember that you din’t need to finish on any time line.

Non scrappy would have been much easier this time!

Last edited by Krisb; 01-16-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
Linda your units are beautiful.
How were you able to post your pictures? I clicked on the image but it asks for a URL. I just want to post from my desktop. Thanks in advance for any help.
When in the window to type your post, scroll down to the box below that says Additional Options. Scroll past Miscellaneous Options to the Attach Files section. Click the box that says Manage Attachments.
This will open a new window that lets you attach multiple photos from your computer. Select your photos and then scroll left to right on the bar at the bottom and it will show a bar to click on that will attach your files.
Return to the typing window and click Submit Reply. Ta Daaaaa... your photos should be attached. You might have a problem if your file is too large. I always edit my photos to a smaller size when saving them.
If the photo is from my phone, if it was able to send it via e-mail, it is already resized.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:04 PM

Taking a break from Clue 8. I do not like FG made this way at all. I think my strips may have been just 2.5", where a thread or two beyond might have been better. As a result, the seam allowance above the goose nose is not quite 1/4" on quite a few. I'm calling them good enough. Well, those that are done.

In a minute, I need to get back to them so I can start fresh with tomorrow's clue. We were away over the weekend for our grandson's 4th birthday. Monday morning, I woke up with a stomach bug that was awful. Side effects of hanging out with little ones.

My guess for tomorrow is some string piecing of neutrals. We've barely used them! I've appreciated this year's slower pace, it's given me the chance to stay caught up and to do some other things that I have committed to as well. While some have struggled with groups/sets/matching, by looking at the pictures that go with the instructions, I've been okay. At least I think I have...

I haven't taken a single picture of my progress this year. Maybe tomorrow will be bright enough to get a good shot or two. Today was dark, windy and snowy. We've had almost no snow and temps above freezing since before Christmas, so I will try not to complain about winter's return. It does make good weather for sewing!
Old 01-17-2020, 04:38 AM

Reveal and final clue is up, love it!

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...-9-reveal.html
Old 01-17-2020, 04:46 AM

my colors will surely change the look of mine! And finally...we know what that funny 2 color long strip is for...was that clue 2?
Old 01-17-2020, 04:56 AM

Oh my goodness, I had some things right but did not picture that!

I think my fabric will be lovely, weird color shifts or not.

It's going to take some time to digest the reveal and the directions but I just sat down with a fresh cup of coffee so it's a good time.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:31 AM

Oh boy! Looks like a doozy to put together. It appears that I will have to remake more of my units to match. It is very pretty though.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:18 AM

I have a question, after looking at the final directions, do we only have one place with the green in the flying geese pieces?