Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Quilt Clips >

Grace Quilt Clips

Grace Quilt Clips

Old 01-23-2020, 04:06 PM

Default Grace Quilt Clips

Has anyone used these? Are they rigid or do they have some flex in them? Description on line doesn't say what they're made from. I have a set that are rigid pvc ..they work but you need the strength of Hercules to get them on and off. I often thought they should be made from a softer, more flexible plastic. What are your experiences with these??
Old 01-23-2020, 05:38 PM

are you talking about the ones that you put on quilting frame so you can float you quilt when you are quilting. I really like mine.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:34 PM

I use them for my long arm and really like them. They are plastic, but have enough give to get on and off the frame without much trouble. they are snug, but that is good. I believe they make 2 different sizes, depending on the diameter of your rails.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:42 PM

Yes, I am talking about the clips for the rails on a longarm. Laf2019..thank you for the reply..maybe I'll try them..the ones I use now are really stiff and very hard to get on and off.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:13 AM

i have some and they are a little rigid but enough flex in them to get on and off the rail. i like them
Old 01-24-2020, 05:19 AM

I ws just reading that they are made of pvc . These are something I could see myself using with ease.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:19 AM

I have the ones that came with my Grace II frame....they have been known to just "pop" off and smack me in the tummy. Scares me to death when it happens!
Old 01-24-2020, 06:10 AM

I had some similar to those years ago when I still have my Grace Pro frame, sold them or gave them away, can't remember. I'm now using magnetic bars from Harbor Freight. They are very strong and attach to my poles very nicely. To make it easier for me to pick up I added some knobs to each end as they came with holes already in them. These are the magnetic rods used to hold screwdrivers and such. I have 6 of them and believe me they are strong enough to hold your quilt sandwich taught.