Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you know this batting? >

Do you know this batting?

Do you know this batting?

Old 01-30-2020, 11:20 AM

Default Do you know this batting?

Hi Everyone,

I purchased some cotton batting by the yard from JoAnn's a few weeks ago. I liked it because it was light weight and thin, but not too thin. Now I can't find it at my local store or on their website. Unfortunately, I didn't save the paper that was included within the roll, and I don't remember the name of it or the manufacturer.

I hope that you will be able to help me find it. I seem to recall that the paper was white with black lettering, and it said something about it being a vintage type of batting. I think that an old date was part of the name. It is 100% cotton, and it was slightly less expensive than the other batting sold by the yard at their store.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thank you!

Jill
Old 01-30-2020, 12:15 PM

Do you still have the receipt? It might be listed, or you could take it in to Joann's and ask the clerk to help you find that sku.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Do you still have the receipt? It might be listed, or you could take it in to Joann's and ask the clerk to help you find that sku.
Unfortunately I do not. I went to JoAnn's yesterday, and I asked a sales clerk about it. She knew what I was talking about, but she couldn't remember the brand name. She said that she thinks that it was discontinued.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:15 AM

I think your talking about Warm & Natural. JAF used to sell it, but they no longer do. They switched over to their own brand which I think is called Toasty Cotton.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:32 PM

The batting is white and it's thinner than Warm and Natural. Thank you for guessing.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:01 PM

I bought Toasty Cotton from JoAnn’s a couple months ago. Toasty Cotton is by Fairfield. I haven’t used it in a large quilt but it has worked fine in wall hangings and table runners. I bought the Large size package.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:58 PM

I purchased a intire roll of Toasty cotton by Fairfield from Joann's. I use all of it and it was just fine.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:20 AM

That's good to know. I went to JAF to use the 60% coupon on batting yesterday and could not find the Warm and Natural so I purchased Toasty Cotton. My spring/summer goal is to finish two and start one T-shirt quilt for grandchildren. The t-shirts are free but the batting and backing can escalate the cost so coupons are my friends.Thanks.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:33 PM

Was it Hobbs Heirloom 80/20? Warm 100?

Old 02-02-2020, 01:21 PM

I wonder if you purchased, Warm and White. They may have had a roll in the store and not restocked it when it ran out.