Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baileys 13 inch quilter >

Baileys 13 inch quilter

Baileys 13 inch quilter

Old 01-30-2020, 07:46 PM

Default Baileys 13 inch quilter

What type of needle should I be using for my long arm quilter. ..not sure of size and I have read either titanium or chrome....I have the 100 percent polyester thread on the cones.....
Old 01-31-2020, 06:31 AM

I am seeing a 10 size 16 Titanium Needle recommended for the Bailey 13 in several places as I did a bit of a search for it. I so want a Bailey. It is in my dreams for the future.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I am seeing a 10 size 16 Titanium Needle recommended for the Bailey 13 in several places as I did a bit of a search for it. I so want a Bailey. It is in my dreams for the future.
Thank you, I did also find that...I got my Baileys after a friend passed away and have just started to learn a little about it....I am not sure about it all yet....lol It still is very intimidating to me....Its on an older frame called a Susy Q. I havent totally mastered loading fabric, just practicing with an old sheet....I also ended up with all the red snappers and 40 or more cones of thread....I am overwhelmed right now. ..
Old 02-01-2020, 04:37 AM

I use a #14 needle on my 20" sit down Bailey. Please don't let the Bailey intimidate you, I was the same way at first, but it's a wonderful machine and if you have any problems, just give Chuck a call.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:28 AM

Lol.....I am getting where when I walk into my sewing room, I don't run out now!!
Old 02-01-2020, 11:42 AM

busmom27-LOL Just go into your room and sit down/stand up and start playing with your Bailey. I promise it won't bite you. LOL
Old 02-01-2020, 09:02 PM

I know, I need to quit letting it beat me up, I know once I get the hang of it, I will be happy!!
Old 02-05-2020, 12:48 PM

Default Baileys

I am trying one more time this morning, then think I will sell my Baileys....I have learned alot, but being there is not a good video to troubleshoot some things, I keep running into new issues....I do wonderful on my sewing machine, but maybe Long Arm is not in my future.....The yahoo group for Baileys is not there, or I cant find it...I have spoke with Chuck a few times, but there are so many different things that have to be just right to make it all work....I have mastered loading the frame, I can thread it and rewind bobbins,(the thread dosent seem to be as tight as it should).. I have oiled it and it seemed to do ok, but new issue now is stitches are not correct and it jams the thread up underneath the backing. I am using new needles recommended for this machine and 100 percent Polyester thread on the cones and bobbin......Any suggestions, as I am on my last thread of patience with this!!!