Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Can anyone identify this machine >

Can anyone identify this machine

Can anyone identify this machine

Old 02-02-2020, 10:49 AM

Default Can anyone identify this machine

I just received this as a gift a few days ago. My husband was able to get it running but whenever I thread the machine when I lower the needle to catch the bottom thread the bobbin casing keeps popping out. I’ve tried to identify the machine all week so I can find a free/cheap manual to go with it. Even if it’s just a download/pdf. The machine has a plate with a model and serial number and also a plate that says it’s made in Korea. As well as Precision built deluxe zig zag. I’ve found a few machines similar but don’t know enough about the older machines to know if those manuals will work. As well as some with similar “badges” but the colors are different. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DF7E1A37-D7C9-4F27-AD76-A3E8551F8B3C.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	622274   Click image for larger version

Name:	EBC4F914-5163-4075-9B68-AA3AA6754224.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	622275  
Old 02-02-2020, 01:53 PM

can't ID it. Do you have your needle in center position?
Old 02-02-2020, 02:44 PM

I'm feeling Remington....
Old 02-02-2020, 03:26 PM

I’m honestly not sure. I haven’t messed with the needle. It’s how it was when my aunt gave it to me.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Also, it’s a model 595 with serial number 10550. Could anyone maybe give me advice on how to fix the bobbin case popping problem?
Old 02-02-2020, 05:48 PM

When the bobbin case pops out like that I haven't inserted the case properly. You may hear a click when it's seated correctly.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ktdenney View Post
... I’ve found a few machines similar but don’t know enough about the older machines to know if those manuals will work. As well as some with similar “badges” but the colors are different. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Welcome. I saw your introduction post and see this is an inherited machine. Neat.

The site that I usually go to - to find a similar machine - would be http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm I have never done business with the site, but it shows some of the different machines. The colors probably don't make much difference and even some of the same emblem won't make much difference. The things that one needs to look for are the locations of things like thread guides, stitch dials/levers, tension assemblies and things like that.

The reason Leon asked about the needle position, is that it may be possible that it is what is considered a "left homing" machine. It looks like it may be.

Having a few machines in my possession, it looks fairly straight forward as for zig zag machines as far as threading. I'm guessing that if you can get the bobbin thread to come to the top that you will probably have trouble with the tension.

As pennycandy mentioned, it is usually because it hasn't clicked in place. I've also heard/read of the levers that hold the race and hook in place are not engaged. It may even be possible that one doesn't have the correct bobbin case. I'm glad you were able to post pictures of your machine, but it might help if you posted one of the bobbin area and the bobbin case.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 02-02-2020, 07:46 PM

A similar manual, albeit not the greatest might work, at https://res.cloudinary.com/singer-se...hite-455-x.pdf While this is not exactly like yours, it might get you started in the right direction. I think the Zig Zag knob might be different and the needle thread guide is a bit different. There is an image on page 9 of the "shuttle" and bobbin case inserted.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 02-03-2020, 05:48 AM

This is probably not helpful, but Morse uses a "crown" logo. My sister has one that doesn't say Morse, but someone found an identical one for me on Ebay. (I did look on Pinterest in the Morse section and didn't find a match.)

bkay