Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads - numbering system question >

Connecting Threads - numbering system question

Connecting Threads - numbering system question

Old 02-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Default Connecting Threads - numbering system question

Hello all,
I'm a big fan of Connecting Threads - recently when I've looked at their catalogue, they are promoting some new colours (Yeah!).
When I check the names/numbers, I'm seeing some previous names with a new number ?
Does anyone know if this means the old colour is being re-introduced with a new number? Maybe to reflect the newer spool style?
I know I have at least two different colours I have accumulated over the years that have a different name on two spools, with the same number, and they are the same colour, just called something different.
I find this makes it difficult to make sure you are ordering the same colour (or a new to me different colour).
Emails to customer service have gone unanswered when I've sought clarification in the past...

Anybody able to shed any light on this?
Old 02-09-2020, 06:00 PM

I've noticed that some fabrics have new names ... I wondered about that!

I'm surprised that you haven't heard from Customer Service. I've always found them to be very prompt in replying. Could be that they are overwhelmed with queries about name changes.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 AM

I noticed a couple or so years ago, when ordering thread, that even though it was a different color name, it was the same color as one I already had. Now I keep track of the numbers of the thread that I have so that when/if they rename the color I'm not ordering the same color I already have.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by catsden View Post
I noticed a couple or so years ago, when ordering thread, that even though it was a different color name, it was the same color as one I already had. Now I keep track of the numbers of the thread that I have so that when/if they rename the color I'm not ordering the same color I already have.
I have tried to do this too, but now it's the same colour/name but a different number.... I can't keep track. I find this very frustrating to say the least....
Old 02-10-2020, 03:37 PM

since the name is on the outside packaging plastic and the number is printed on the spool, and if two numbered spools are the same color, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about a name change. Honestly I hold two spools up to light to see if they are same! (And their thread is pretty much all I use!)
Old 02-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

I haven't ordered thread for a long time since I have a lot and won't need any for a long time.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by luvspaper View Post
since the name is on the outside packaging plastic and the number is printed on the spool, and if two numbered spools are the same color, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about a name change. Honestly I hold two spools up to light to see if they are same! (And their thread is pretty much all I use!)
I get what you're saying, and I have my older spools (where the number/name was only on the outside packaging) sorted with their name/number kept together.
My concern is when I'm trying to order what might be new only to find that the same colour is now sold under a different name and number and then I have duplicates I don't need. When I order while on the computer in the evening, it's not always apparent that the colour I'm ordering is a duplicate in disguise....
Sometimes I wish I had a slightly different shade and order what I think is a new, slightly different shade only to get my order and realize I've been mislead....