Warning-Wool Ironing Pad

Old 02-19-2020, 06:04 AM

Question wool mat

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
I wonder if cats love the wool mats due to the odor they can give off? If you get the mat wet a bit, you can smell it and some say it smells like .... well, sheep I guess. I put a cotton piece of fabric over mine after scorching it due to spray starch or too hot an iron, not sure which. Now I just use the mat and maybe a bit of spritz of water if needed but still keep the cloth (pillow case as someone suggested on another thread) on top of the mat. They do a nice job on pressing pieced units and such.
Doesn't putting a cover on it defeat the purpose of the mat? I just bought one, don't know for sure if I like it yet. I had to turn my iron heat to wool rather than the hotter cotton setting as it was scorching. My jury is still out.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:33 AM

It is the same for the Alpaca mats... My cats love to knead it with their claws and actually chew on it. I am so glad I kept the giant plastic zip lock bag it came in! I use the mat, let it cool, then put it in the bag and in a room not accessible to the cats. I never thought that alpacas were a cat's natural prey.....
Old 02-20-2020, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Yes! My cat, Baby, loves it! But she mostly just wants to sleep on it. Mookie has never even noticed it. My sister just told me
that if a person could figure cats out they would be a multi-millionaire haha!
Old 02-20-2020, 12:34 PM

One of my cats thinks wool mats are for scratching. Its a large mat, so I keep it in one of those travel bags for cutting mats. She also thinks that quilt blocks on the floor were put there for her to play with. Quite the quilting enthusiast!
Old 02-25-2020, 03:41 PM

Talking Cardboard Missing

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
My kitty thought it a great place to sleep so I keep the cardboard that came with it on top of it when not in use. Seems to do the trick for me.
Wherever I place cardboard -- even boxes -- I might as well start looking for 2 cats. They think every piece of cardboard is theirs.