Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
polyester/ctton fabric >

polyester/ctton fabric

polyester/ctton fabric

Old 03-02-2020, 04:37 AM

I've been making quilted bags for church bazaar. (State is finally to switching to fee for/no plastic bags) Pattern was free from Quilter's World. (sorry, no idea how to post link! I did make the handles a little easier to sling over the shoulder.)
Anyway, I use remnants of poly/cottons as backing for the quilted part of the bag. It's lightweight but durable then the lining of the bag covers it up.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:43 AM

My favorite go-to quilt for everything, is poly-cotton my Mother made and hand tied. It even goes with me to the hospital. So depends.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:22 AM

My sister worked for a sewing factory. She got and gave me a whole lot. I've made many quilts with it and had no problems. I have mixed it with cotton fabric in a quilt also. I have no problem using it. If you like the fabric use it.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:09 PM

I don't think it is all made the same. I was given a friend's mom's stash and she had several poly/cottons in solid colors. I gradually used them if I needed the color. Some broke the thread when free motion quilting others, worked just fine. Finally, I tossed it.