Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Quilters Anonymous show cancelled >

Quilters Anonymous show cancelled

Quilters Anonymous show cancelled

Old 03-06-2020, 09:09 AM

Default Quilters Anonymous show cancelled

QA just announced that they will be cancelling their scheduled quilt show March 13-15 in Monroe, WA due to COVID-19 in our area.

message regarding the Quilters Anonymous quilt show!
As has become increasingly clear, the COVID-19 virus is a health threat in our state and across the globe. Out of respect for the health of its members and the broader community, and in compliance with recommendations issued by county and state health agencies, Quilters Anonymous has cancelled its annual Quilt Show which was scheduled for March 13-15, 2020, at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington

If you have further questions, feel free to contact [email protected]. We appreciate your understanding that we made this decision out of respect for your health, and a desire to be part of the broader community effort to avoid contributing to this pandemic.

To our quilting community..... Please help us get the word out by sharing this post. We want to reach as many people as possible! Thank you for your help!

As a senior who lives in Snohomish I am sad but have been avoiding being out in public as much as possible. Remember the best defense for this virus is to wash hands often, don't touch your face and avoid public places to reduce exposure.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-07-2020 at 04:18 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-06-2020, 11:49 AM

I imagine this will be the norm for a while....and it does make sense.....as more people get the virus, recover, and get out there again.....there will be more immunity in the population as having the virus and recovering from it will hopefully act a bit like being a vaccine....and the rate of transmission will decrease....unfortunately, it looks like us old folks are more a risk for serious illness from this...….keep safe everyone....and eat your vegetables and wash your hands....love sewingpup

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-07-2020 at 04:19 AM. Reason: edit in quote only
Old 03-06-2020, 12:37 PM

Darn! Oh well, guess it makes sense and thanks for the posting.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:21 PM

thanks for the heads up, wondering if I should go or do a pass this year on Paducah show, less than 2 months to go, and will be moving south after to live by sisters, getting old here, lol but lost hubby last year and not happy alone.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

I don't think age has much to do with it. Anyone whatever age in bad health is at risk for any virus. The very young doesn't have a built up immune system and the unhealthy doesn't have a strong immune system. Nothing much was cancelled when the swine flu was spreading and that virus killed a lot of people. Not much concern about it in the media then as is now.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

I heard Dr Fauci speak today and he said the most at risk from dying are elderly with serious underlying medical conditions. Not to say others won’t die but most people will get sick and get better in varying degrees. Good hygiene is a must. Grandson goes to University if Washington. He is staying in campus til end of quarter - March 20. Classes will be held on line.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:31 AM

Good luck West Coasters. Although my sister just had a case in her Manhattan building....so its coming here too.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:21 AM
Power Poster

I received a call from the VA yesterday that they will not permit our guild, nor other outside groups, to hold our meetings there for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I don't think age has much to do with it. Anyone whatever age in bad health is at risk for any virus. The very young doesn't have a built up immune system and the unhealthy doesn't have a strong immune system. Nothing much was cancelled when the swine flu was spreading and that virus killed a lot of people. Not much concern about it in the media then as is now.
You are correct, it does give one pause and question, why now??