Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing? >

What are you doing?

What are you doing?

Old 03-28-2020, 06:39 AM

I haven't worked since the 16th with this virus. They have shut many things down and now there is the "shelter in place" order.
I'm trying to get my top finished, I have a couple quilts cut out, I am working on a quilt that I have wanted to make for a few years. Turns out it isn't as difficult as I thought it would be.
But!!! What I am doing is painting the inside of my home! It needs it! I have already accomplished the husbands office area, the dining area and the living room. Now I am onto our bedroom (will finish today), had the husband remove everything from the laundry/ pantry area and will begin that in the next day or two. It really, really needs some help. I'm also hoping that perhaps the rain will let up as I have planting to do and gardens to clean.
I'm just trying to stay busy, safe and healthy. The dogs are happy as they are getting 2 walks a day...
Kirsten

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-28-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-29-2020, 11:57 AM

Like everyone else hubs and I have put ourselves into hibernation for the duration of this worldwide disaster and only going out for the necessary shopping and a daily walk. We are hoping that the supermarket is going to bring back "home delivery" this week so that will also lessen the need to enter into the community as hubs does have a comprised immune system.

I have been sewing up a storm, tidying up my sewing room, reading my way through a pile of library books, my garden has never been so "weed -free" and I have become a whizz at doing on-line jigsaw puzzles.

Happy sewing and hopefully we all come out of this safely and soon.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
Just finished this block. Starting a new sampler (hopefully).
No pattern. Just making my favourite blocks.
Attachment 623674
my sister and I love this block by any chance do u have instructions etc
Old 03-30-2020, 09:42 PM

I am watching my 6 year old grandson and my 18 month old great granddaughter so not much sewing going on. I did get 68 masks made up (requested by my daughters clinic). But this homeschooling a kindergartner is killing me. He is reading at almost 2nd grade level but the timed sight words and timed math is crazy!!! I have a hard time with timing a kindergartner. He absolutely hates it, he barely gets his finger over the answer and a big TIMES UP pops up. Trying to keep the 18 month old occupied while trying to help the grandson is over the top. They have about 5 hours of school work scheduled for him, I really feel sorry for the poor parents of more than one child in school. My time for venting is up. Thanks for letting me do it.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:42 AM

hope this helps anyone with kids
websites for kids from a retired elem teacher:
math: https://mathantics.com/
rdg: https://tumblebooks.com/

can set up a free "classroom" right now(which could be all grand/kids) https://educationgalaxy.com/
Old 03-31-2020, 04:33 AM

My husband and I have been working on the frame for my Avante. It was set up as an 8 ft frame , but with our grandchildren moving and vacating my sewing space I am able to go to 12 feet. My husband is a perfectionist so it is really perfectly level. We are waiting for the plastic pieces for the rail to come in the mail and then it will be ready to go. While waiting I am putting borders on two king sized quilts that will be ready to quilt. Excited, been waiting awhile for this. I have also been sewing masks for my children, two work at the hospitals on the front lines. I am praying for them and everyone. Staying home is the only option we have to protect ourselves and each other. I also have to cook every day. Ug.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

I'm going to give my sewing room a good cleaning today and hopefully get to my FW. It's acting up but I haven't used it in about a year so I think it just needs some TLC. I did use it to make a complete quilt for my granddaughter downstairs so I could catch up on some series I've been wanting to binge on.
My room is a disaster. I had back to back to back projects and made a mess in there.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:48 AM

Sounds like Everyone is making great use of their time. With the hubby home, we have gotten a few home chores/projects done. I am determined to finish up a good size tote of UFO's . Currently working on a quilt for our living room. Running out of chores/projects for the hubby...its been ok so far having him home but he is starting to get antsy. He doesn't really have any hobbies so I dug out a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, that worked out great for a little while...lol
Old 04-02-2020, 06:01 AM

I finished up a few small inside projects, got the stay at home (from work and school) people set up with space to do what they need to do. Luckily I am retired! Now I have moved to outside projects as the weather is a little more cooperative. The raised bed garden structure is finished, still carting dirt though! I am mowing already and have some landscaping to do. I stay out of the grocery and pick up at curbside. I did go into Sam's Club for senior hours this week. Very well set up, people were very helpful and got you in and out as fast as they could. But working on finishing up the remodel projects and getting the outside stuff done has required several tips to the hardware..usually Menard's. But they have 6am senior hour, and there is hardly anyone in the store. I am planning a quilting project after I come in at night and hope to find everything I need online! Also working on Christmas tree skirts and soon a rug. Plus my sewing room needs organized desperately, it never got done after I moved in 18 months ago! What can I say? I do have a remodeled kitchen and bathroom to account for the time! Being home so much reminds me of when I was a kid..we didn't go out for the sake of going out. We kept ourselves occupied at home. I kinda like it!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:05 PM

Last week my grandchildren, daughter and I in two different homes made about 50 masks that were requested by a doctor for the hospital. We know that they do not stop the Covid virus but he wanted them for his doctor's group to maybe use for patients coming in or having them as back up. Yesterday and today I made 25 more masks for the school district personnel who are handing out food to local families. I have about 15 more to make for them, that gives them a lot of extras but I felt it is important.. I had started a new quilt but that is now on hold. Please stay safe and healthy!