Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have one - Janome HD9 >

Anyone have one - Janome HD9

Anyone have one - Janome HD9

Old 04-09-2020, 10:52 AM

Default Anyone have one - Janome HD9

I was wondering if anyone has a Janome HD9 machine and how do they like it? I see a lot of people with the Juki 2000 and 2010. I know the HD has the larger bobbin and is heavy duty. Just wondering

Thanks
Old 04-10-2020, 05:43 AM

This is an impressive machine to look at and read about! There are a very few reviews out there, all positive. A dealer told a friend he did not have 2 parts that were needed for free-motion and later said they were separate purchase and would need to be ordered. I'm not sure if they went missing from display model or if this is true in all cases. I would love to try this one out as it does fit the janome tables (with insert). I do feel price is a bit high and that may be why so few reviews, but it is was on special sale the day friend was looking for $1300. I hope to learn more about it too and keep watching this thread for replies.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jerseyrayne View Post
I was wondering if anyone has a Janome HD9 machine and how do they like it? I see a lot of people with the Juki 2000 and 2010. I know the HD has the larger bobbin and is heavy duty. Just wondering

Thanks
A year ago I was looking at purchasing either a Janome HD9 or Juki TL-18QVP. I couldn't find a HD9 to look at and ended up purchasing the TL-18QVP ($1200). I've been really happy with my decision. They are quite similar machines and now that I've used my Juki for a year I'd love to try a HD9, just to see the differences. One difference I see is that the Juki has a needle up/down button just above the reverse lever. Besides using it for that function it will, when pushed and held, l slowly sew forward or reverse (if Reverse lever is held down), all with just one hand. I don't see that ability on the HD9 and would be a deal breaker for me. Also on the Juki, besides the Pressor Foot pressure adjustment, there's another adjuster on the top of the machine that adjusts the height off the table of the Pressor Foot when it's down. I use it all the time when sewing on assembled quilts. The TL-18QVP is pretty heavy duty in it's own right.

That doesn't really answer your question, but might be some useful information.

Jim