Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to use a thread stand >

How to use a thread stand

How to use a thread stand

Old 04-26-2020, 06:36 AM

I use a small binder clip on the 'lid' of my Janome.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:17 AM

You may want to watch Mr. Superior video on what causes thread problems. I have a Martha Pullen thread stand and never had any problems. The thread goes into a hole above the spool then you can take it to an arm on the right side which I use for metallic thread, then to the sewing machine. Sounds like it is causing a tension problem, so it may be hanging up somewhere.
Are you using cross wound thread or straight wound thread. Cross wound thread needs to come off the top of the cone. Straight wound should come off the side and needs to be put on a thread stand in a Vertical position. Also, you may need to use a thread net. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

I had bought one from a supplier on line and the thing was so flimsy and light weight I tossed it into a trash can and asked my brother to make me one. He used a wooden trophy from my dad's racing days to attach the thread spool and the guide he made with copper tubing. It works great! I use it for machine embroidery and I have never had any more trouble.
When my serger took a dump I saved the thread guide and I plan on asking him to mount it for me for one that looks a little more polished. We will see, maybe I can make it myself if I can figure out a bottom.