Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
ID quilt pattern >

ID quilt pattern

ID quilt pattern

Old 04-26-2020, 09:06 AM

I agree that it looks like a Feathered Star in the blocks but not sure about the swag and tassel in the border. This is a wonderful treasure for you and it would be interesting to see what an appraiser would tell you.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:13 AM

I too would call it a Feathered Star with Swag and Tassel Border. I'd say it was most likely made for someone for a special occasion because it is all the same fabric, so it was planned in advance most likely with purchased fabric. The stitching looks very well done, with the straight channels I would think it was intended for use and not just as a display piece. So hard to tell with dots but I'd be thinking that color of red is after 1900 rather than before, but hard to say via photograph.

It may have been neglected but it has held up and is quite the family treasure. Next time you fold it, layout a preferably all cotton sheet on top of your bed, then the quilt, then fold up the extra sheeting. Fold it in thirds loosely -- this time, you can see the deep groove of the half fold. Keep everything loose and then place where it won't be crushed.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:24 AM

What a treasure! I agree with Tartan..Feathered Star and Tassel border. It is a work of art..museum quality.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:22 AM

I'm always amazed at the work of sewers from years ago. They didn't have all the gadgets, etc. we have and still turned out beautiful. What a treasure for you!
Old 04-27-2020, 10:52 AM

Thank you for all the information, what and amazing group! I'm going to take your advice and refold and store it properly. I really need to find the letter mentioning the quilt to get a more accurate date, it may have been dated as late a 1910. It is wonderful to have others appreciate something you cherish.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to this quilt board. Lots of knowledgeable people here.

That is one gorgeous quilt. The hand quilting is absolutely perfect. Lucky you to have it.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:06 PM

Thank you for the information!
Old 04-28-2020, 12:32 AM

Amazing. Someone really worked hard on it for a long time. It's probably some type of feathered start variation. The maker may have done some of the designing herself.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:30 AM

That is one that should be professionally appraised. You might be surprised. It's beautiful.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

I don't know the pattern, but the quilt is a real beauty!!