Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
June Tailor Shape Cut Pro Slotted Ruler >

June Tailor Shape Cut Pro Slotted Ruler

June Tailor Shape Cut Pro Slotted Ruler

Old 06-16-2020, 05:51 PM

I loved my june tailor shape cut. It was my favorite until I got my stripology ruler to replace itso yes it is totally worth the money
Old 06-17-2020, 04:05 AM

Thank you everyone for your comments. I will keep it.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:50 AM

I don't have that size but love my slotted ruler. I use it when cutting strips and then cutting them down to another size. Makes life so easy. Just got done cutting tons of strips 4.5 and then down again to 4.5 the other way. So much easier to me than to take a regular long ruler and hope you cut on the correct marking ...............which I've goofed up numerous times in the past. This is one of the reasons why I like to use the slotted ruler.

I do need to replace mine as I've nicked mine plus I picked it up incorrectly so one corner snapped on me. Had to tape it back together and its been like that for a couple years now. Just waiting for a time when I have the money and its on sale. Want to get the larger size next time too.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:03 PM

I first bought the June Taylor ruler and didn’t like it at all too flimsy.
them found the stripology rulers and have never looked back. I have all four sizes and they have Reduced my time for cutting out quilts. Once you have them you will love them. Gudrun Erla has multiple you tube videos on using them.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:53 AM

I agree with Island Queen. It's too flimsy. I nicked it the first time I used it and the cutter hits that spot every time I try to use it. Then the blade is nicked. It's a great idea and would work well if it wasn't so flimsy. I've not tried the stripology rulers, but I would buy that one before investing in the June Tailor.
bkay
Old 06-19-2020, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

I bought the large Stripology ruler on Amazon last week for $35. Lowest price I've seen it. I put items I want to have in my cart and mark them save for later. When the price changes I get an email. I have the JT slotted ruler and it is nice but not as sturdy as the Stripology. I use it to square up blocks more then cutting strips.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Onebyone- which one did you get? I have the wider one and I like it but I'd like the taller one.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

The Stripology one is 22 x 15. It is now $55 on Amazon. Always keep items in save for later to get any lower price. I've seen some items have low prices for an hour and then right back to regular price.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Thanks! I often do that too but I don't recall getting notices of price changes. But I'm on there so often that I can just check
Old 06-20-2020, 04:24 PM

Just wanted to say that the ruler the OP has only allows you to cut 2.5in strips which is not nearly as versatile as many of the other slotted rulers out there which are slotted every 0.5in instead. I also have the CG Stripology and with many of these types of rulers, you need to double fold your fabric so that you're cutting 4 layers at once. I love my Stripology! My understanding is that the CG rulers are thicker than the June Tailer ones so that the cutter doesn't jump out of the slot as easily, plus you get the CG grips on the bottom. I adore mine and use it every chance I get.